Good Radio Transmitter Hand Controller for use with DIY Electric Skateboard

@treenutter ok thanks, I’ve been only using mine for a day so I guess time will show me. Does the nunchuck simply drop out or does it also go full throttle on its own? that would suck!

Al…

@BigAl unfortunately any of those things can happen. I don’t mean to scare anyone; there are definitely folks who use the nunchuck with good results. But yes, a dropped signal or dropped physical connection can send you and\or your board flying.

Stary just revamped their website. On it, they now say they’ll be using 2.4 GHz and FHSS.

I guess they won’t be the ones doing the something to mitigate those issues then. LOL

AFH is just a terrible idea when it comes to throttle control on an eboard in my humble opinion.

i’ve been using the nyko kama since oct 2015 .

in mid december i accidentally squeezed while waiting for pedestrian traffic light :vertical_traffic_light: to go “GREEN MAN” , … and while all vehicles , cars :blue_car: :taxi: trucks lorries double decker buses are oblivious ; my eboard went ballistic and one car stopped as it cannot moved . the driver stepped out and see whats the problem while other cars from other lanes just slowly drove by . he lifted my board and placed it by the sidewalk . :cry:

as the masses start walking after the GREEN MAN lit up , i searched and collected all the pieces strewn on road . almost fully repaired , i am considering a new remote .

had to say this . i LOVED :heart_eyes: the nyko kama . but it does not have the protective cover or “ring” to shield it from accidental squeezes .

been searching the web , enertions remote , diysk8bddot mini remote , lecdec remote similar to enertions . all of which would cost me more than $100 singapore dollar and also i have to wait :hourglass_flowing_sand: :watch: :hourglass: more than at least 1 week for shipment . :unamused:

so i went to a local r/c hobby shop (plenty of hobby shops in sg), and the nice polite :woman: lady showed me a HUMONGOUS GARGANTUAN remote similar to GT2B . it is a FUTABA 2.4Ghz 3 channel .

she said $112 singapore dollar . effective range to maximum of 500 metres .(we dont need that , do we ?)

but i forgot which FUTABA was it . going to bring my eboard to the shop on saturday ( considering the rainy season and i am home grounded at least for now ) and test on site at shop to see if it works . will post here on comment . no need to create new post . i think .

ok what do you guys think ? will it work ? or not ? any one tried it before ?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1311.R1.TR4.TRC2.A0.H1.Xfutaba+2.4Ghz.TRS0&_nkw=futaba+2.4ghz+radio&_sacat=0

That transmitter should work, the receiver will have a standard hobby style pwm output which can be used on any (V)ESC. But it still won’t protect you from accidental squeezing of the trigger.

@trbt555

so trbt555 ! whats your best advice ?
dont worry abt me getting hurt emotionally :stuck_out_tongue: :sweat_smile: :disappointed_relieved: :triumph:

should i get the online variety of remote controls ?

or should i just go ahead and get me this Futaba tx rx from local shop ?

I really love the Nyko Kama.

i had THREE . on line purchases .

one was BURN OUT due to repetative over soldering on same spot at the receiver’s end to the wii ceiver .

second one in use

the third is still in packaging .

yeah ! LOVE cant separate us from our nun chucks .

but i’m still gonna get me that Futaba :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

alright ! I’ve found in a local online store . its GT3C . its not GT2B . will this do ? and its cheaper too . $89 sg dollar : )

buy this one

http://www.enertionboards.com/electric-skateboard-parts/2-4ghz-radio-hand-controller/

Wii controller unreliable for me so for mini gt2b from diyeletricskateboards.com best of both worlds

the word on 24V OUT1 says “light” 24V OUT2 says “horn”

Does this come with a receiver? It doesn’t say on the product page…

I can answer in behalf @onloop. If you buy from Enertion, it does come with a receiver.

1 Like

Cheers! Thanks very much!

Hello everyone i bought this esc and this wii controller

what will i need more ,to make this work?how can i connect the remote with the esc?

Lol that’s not gonna work for esk8 …

can u tell me why?

How is the wiimote gonna talk to the esc?

You will need a wiiceiver to translate the toggle movements to the esc …

Now that esc … Won’t work for esk8

It’s for a helicopter…no brakes

It’s 60a…at least get something that is 80a minimum

You need to keep reading

:point_down:t2: