Got hit by a car, I'm ok but my board wasn't so lucky

Mounts seem ok to my naked eyes. I will have to take them completely off to tell, I’ll do that when I get home.

2 Likes

I probably would have called the police about it just because no money exchanged hands so there is nothing saying he is at fault nor something that would help you build a case against him if he doesn’t pay. Just because you are an honest person doesn’t mean they are.

3 Likes

He did send me a text later saying “Sorry I ran over your board” so I think that counts as admission of guilt. I appreciate the concern, but I didn’t want to complicate things, and he seemed like a honest guy, he didn’t hesitate to give me any info or where I can find him on campus.

3 Likes

I hope that is true because I have seen it so many times where you think the person is being honest and truthful but they end up being the opposite.

My wife was injured at our college during a college sponsored event at nightbecause the college neglected to put salt down on icy steps even after a delivery person fell earlier in the day. Broke her leg and then wouldn’t move her to a first floor room so she didn’t have to go up three flights of steps because the person in charge of the housing was a racist. My wife chose not to sue the college or anything because that wasn’t to type of person she is. Needless to say she still deals with leg pain and paying off the student loans from her 1.5 years at that college 12 years later.

Good luck with this I’m glad you are ok because a board can be rebuilt.

2 Likes

Hey I used to go to Purdue! I knew that picture looked familiar, but was thrown off by the bike lanes because when I was there they didn’t put them in yet. I’m sorry that happened to you… seems West Lafayette can’t design any public works project properly still :sweat:

2 Likes

@GrecoMan what remote disconnected? Heal up soon

1 Like

Wow that’s a crazy coincidence, I follow all the projects you do and always thought you were cool. Yeah they redid State Street two years ago, and the new bike lanes are super dangerous. I’ve seen a Boosted mini rider run into the side of a van after it blindly turned into the bike lane, and I know three other guys that’s gotten into accidents on their boards in that same spot.

1 Like

I agree, it can be hard to find good people these days. Thankfully, this guy is one of them! He just paypal’d me for all the damages (actually threw in another $20)

2 Likes

That is good to hear glad you had a run in with honest person.

2 Likes

Are there many eskaters there now? I remember I was basically the only person back in 2014 and everybody sorta stared when I went by haha

2 Likes

Yeah, it really blew up in 2016 I would say. I see a ton of Meepo, Backfires, and Boosted Boards. Not many (maybe two or three) DIY builds, which is lower than I hoped for an engineering school with as much available resources as we have. Funny thing is, I mentioned my accident in the Boosted board Snapchat group, one kid said “time to get an actual Boosted board.” If only I could open his eyes to the DIY world, he’d see that anything not a Boosted doesn’t mean it’s a cheap knockoff. I’d offer to let him try my board if it wasn’t out of commission.

3 Likes

“Boosted Board Snapchat Group” ahhh the kids these days :rofl:I kid I kid

Yeah I’m surprised there aren’t more DIY stuff there, maybe the fobs just aren’t that interested in that kind of thing haha

I was gonna say my friend may have been your TA but then I saw you were in ME not CS. He said there was a kid who always brought a board to class

5 Likes

Yeah one of my good friends here is a marketing major who jumped into the world of DIY esk8 this past summer with zero experience. I’ve helped him a lot with problems that have come up since then, but it seems most college kids would rather buy something prebuilt.

Boosted board owners can be like the Airpod owners of the audio world haha.

That would have been funny if your friend was my TA, since I always have my board, it’s my means of getting to and from class everyday.

3 Likes

It was the maytech remote, new version. No interference, a place I ride daily, not sure what happened. It was given to me by the bearded angel in disguise, @mmaner bout a year ago

6 Likes

That sucks dude, no idea what caused it? Was it charged? Feel better brother.

2 Likes

Not sure if it was charged, first time riding in a couple months. I’ll do some more diagnostics when I can move both arms fully

5 Likes

Just to clarify, you don’t mean the BRAND new maytech one right? I.e. the waterproof one with the split trigger.

Oh yeah glad you’re hopefully ok too

2 Likes

Nah nah the middle one now I guess. The slide trigger one, 2nd version

2 Likes

Damn. That’s a shame, I’ve heard great things about it.

1 Like

Yea I highly recommend it, one of the best I’ve used. I have a gut feeling the drop was cuz of me tho

Conflicting opinions tho cuz I changed 0 settings and the leds were solid green which means full charge

1 Like