Got hit by a car, I'm ok but my board wasn't so lucky

It might have been you but speaking from personal experience when I’m riding in the city with that maytech remote I have dropouts constantly. Eventually I just got a new remote and that solved it.

1 Like

Was near city but a place I used to ride almost everyday for about a year

1 Like

Hmm that part is a little weird

1 Like

Yeeeeaaaa which is why I have no clue what happened, haven’t even touched any internals since a year ago

1 Like

Lol the college made her slip on ice.

1 Like

Glad you’re ok @chrischo1996. Get well @GrecoMan.

6 Likes

Indiana, but because the bike lane it looks like Australia! Why is that down bike lane on the left side of the road? Weird.

2 Likes

Both bike lanes are on one side of the road. So its on the right too

2 Likes

Yeah, thats weird. If the driver comes with his car out to the street, his normal instinct is to turn his head to the left, watching for the upcoming traffic (including any biker comming up), if nothing comes he then turns to his right to go up the street! He doesn’t spect the weird situation of a pedestrian, biker, car, nun or squirrel also coming down on this unnatural way to direct traffic. C’monn! this is the city’s traffic fault allowing such a weird double biker lane on the same side. It drives drivers nuts. Why they don’t draw one single biker lane going down on the other side of the road and another single biker lane coming up on this side of the road. Like in the rest of the planet, like in a normal country. They tried to be creative and instead they came up with a mess. No wonder our fellow driver almost ate his teeth with this one. Nuts!

3 Likes

Idk. I’ve seen this in a lot of big citys. Think people who live there are use to it.

Better than when they put double lane bike lanes in the center of the road…

Not were I live, and certainly not where I come from.

Weird traffic layout right there. (at first I tought it was Australia!):roll_eyes:

Yeah it’s a clear problem, you summed it up pretty well. Perhaps it’ll take time for people to adjust, but until then, there’s going to be a lot of accidents. Like I said above, I personally know of 4 other esk8ers who got hit/ ran into a car doing just that, either turning right without looking right or turning left without looking behind them. They’ve recently put these neon green crosswalks next to the normal white crosswalks to signify a bike lane, but I guess it’s still a problem.

1 Like

Yeah, it will continue to be a problem. There are millions of 75 to 90 year olds that still drive the streets of Northamerica; they don’t have the reflexes or presence of mind to be aware of this puzzle that cities are bringing to them. Poor guys are overwhelmed by these weird traffic conditions which even fools younger people. Just think: you in the same situation will not turn your head to the right but instead to your natural left, where the driver’s seat is also positioned! Your natural place inside a car in major western countries (except a handful british ones) is the left front seat, the driver’s seat. This is the natural way in which such drivers behave daily with traffic challenges almost everywhere in the world. These cities are upping the complexity bar for drivers with this one. :face_with_head_bandage:

1 Like

Speaking of old people, you just reminded me! This is video from a couple days ago I took when I saw an older couple driving in the bike lane. Now that I look at it, it’s the exact spot I got hit :rofl: Here’s another example, filmed by someone else on campus.

A lot of people really underestimate how unaware and distracted drivers can be sometimes.

3 Likes

Just reading through all of this. I think it really depends on what you are used to, this type of situation is very common in the Netherlands and wouldn’t be the slightest of problems as people are used to looking both ways.

But if something is done a certain way all the time and then they change it problems arise. People take time to adjust, I’m guessing in 5 years it ain’t a problem anymore. But yea, for now it sucks

1 Like

Just decided on this deck, will update when it gets here. https://www.skateshred.com/wholesale-blank-longboard-decks/wholesale-bamboo-drop-through-deck.html

3 Likes

Nice. What are you gunna do about the rear truck? Get a chance to check if your mount is still true?

I’ll be purchasing the rear trucks from @dickyho again, and the mounts are suprisingly still good. Took them off today and they’re straight as an arrow.

Do you think the core of the wheel that was on the truck that bent is still good as well? I didn’t notice what wheels you were using. I’ve got some abec clones that saw some abuse and now have the slightest wobble on one wheel.