Griptape Art - what do you want to see?

tell your wife happy birthday from Greco!

@Vanarian’s wife knows me by name :rofl: I expect nothing less from your wife :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Thanks, that would not be possible, i had almost to throw away my knife and scissors after cutting, i guess e just god a grip that’s not good for that

You have to convert the image into paths, set the dimensions for the outside then send it to the cutter, YOu have to pay attention to power, speed and passes mostly.

1 Like

Will do, she hears me talk about yall all the time anyways :slight_smile:

1 Like

I recommend you go to the dollar store and pick up a new pair of scissors and a 100 pack of razor blades before cutting.

I threw the scissors and about 10 razor blades away when I was done with mine

1 Like

What are you trying to cut? PM me the artwork and Ill see what I can do or recommend.

Hey there Mike.

This might sound random. But some boards(loaded) have logos on top some people like to preserve. Possibly adding an option for a 4.25" circle cut out from the center like original grips on these boards.

Obviously not limited to loaded, but… Would be nice to think about topside logo incorporation with the designs. Just figured I’d mention my thoughts. Looking forward to seeing some designs.

2 Likes

This is where you can have fun with vectors. And multiple shades of griptape. To come together to make a graphic. Ie dark medium coarse black base, with a very coarse black for the dark yellow section of nimbus and a light coarse black for the light yellow section of nimbus.

3 Likes

@mmaner Should be good for it right this the one iv use of

1 Like

Eyyyy I was just thinking something dragonball related! Maybe a kamehameha ball would be cool!

I also really love the hex pattern designs, excited to see what other options people come up with

2 Likes

That’s a good idea. I’m working in a website now, I’ll make that an option.

3 Likes

I like the idea of multiple colors if grip for gradients and shading. That will definitely be an option when the laser cutter is in place.

For hand cuts I don’t think it would come out great, at least it would be a PIA to get perfect. Vinyl is easy, you just cut it to shape on the side that shows, square off the inside and overlay the grip. It would probably be a good idea to spray some clear coat iver the vinyl and let it cure for a day before applying the grip.

2 Likes

I think custom grip tape is the only thing I haven’t seen for sale on the forum by a “maker”. We have mounts, wheels (well… group buys anyway), decks, enclosures, batteries, motors, VESCs, risers (3d printed models). Thanks @mmaner for filling that hole :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I appreciate it. I hope the cutter gets here soon, I’ve got jobs stacking up :grinning:

6 Likes

for my next build I’m planning an Escher lizards grip pattern with 3 colors

http://mathstat.slu.edu/escher/upload/thumb/d/d5/Lizard-puzzle.jpg/300px-Lizard-puzzle.jpg

20 Likes

At the moment nothing, but in the future i will try something

Inlays, not just negative space.

How big is this laser cutter?

2 Likes

Hexagons were great for a while (they are still awesome) but seems that today everybody has them…and nothing else. Wish I could see something really different beside hexagons and lame flanes (a la Hot Rod)…:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

You got yourself a Mjölnir there @mmaner

1 Like

Great idea to provide a service like this. I really liked the idea of geometric pattern tape but didn’t want to go with Hexagon because it seems like everyones doing it, so I went with something different.

16 Likes