Griptape Art - what do you want to see?

The cutting area is 20x 44in.

1 Like

Yep, always liked it. I may go back and replace it with a black one though.

2 Likes

The art of the Pacific Northwest

Maybe a totem that runs the length of the deck

Although I don’t know how I would feel about stepping on these motifs…

16 Likes

That is awesome, I really like really like that. Great idea.

The Great Wave off Kanagawa

4 Likes

There are so many examples of great historical art out there, from primitive to post-modern. I think the hard part is turning it into eps…

I can handle that for the most part, just keep throwing the artwork at me :slight_smile:

A PCB Deck.

Green griptape inlaid with silver or gold griptape that looks like PCB traces. Complete with fiducials, vias and header ports.

Hell, maybe even use a VESC 4.12 layer as inspiration.

9 Likes

That would be cool, difficult as hell but very cool :slight_smile: . I may have to get someone else to draw that up.

Jormungander

5 Likes

I’ll take a look at the PCB and pull it into a vector program.

1 Like

I like the dragon, I’ve been working on a couple as well. I can definitely do that one.

1 Like

i think the hardest part might be getting the grip to sit flat on the laser so you can cut it

2 Likes

vacuum table

1 Like

The honeycomb table has clamps, as there is no lateral force the grip sits perfect. Obviously you don’t want to use it fresh off the roll. I cut 42in pieces and weight them overnight… That WAS the issue when I tried using a draw knife attachment with a CNC machine, you need a vacuum table to do that.

2 Likes

ahh yea that’s what’s i was wondering about. was gonna ask how you were gonna deal with the curve off the roll

1 Like

What flavor of laser are you getting? I wonder if a low-power one would work on grip tape.

Boobies, I want to see lots of boobles, this whole #metoo thing has gotten completly out of hand

1 Like

5 Likes