Griptape Art - what do you want to see?

silhouette eh? The mind’s a powerful thing

11 Likes

f444e8eb09c1719ae3cb98b486818552

3 Likes

I tried a 2.5 and 5 watt, it didn’t do well at all. I’m getting a cutter that will use 50 or 60 watt, which is what Ive been experimenting with.

Looks like the old school truck flaps :slight_smile:

That would tough. I could do the overall shape, outline, then print the inside on vinyl. That would allow the application of the vinyl, clear coat then grip?

if greyscale didn’t look like shit…a Gieger inspired board could be amazing.

6 Likes

yeah it would. that would be a good prospect for printing on vinyl and glass grip though.

Thanks Mike but really only kidding, whatever is on my mind is best left there :joy:

1 Like

superthumb Somehow this. This HAS TO HAPPEN!!!

6 Likes

Ill see what I can come up with :slight_smile:

Here’s some of the shapes I’ve been working with. These will eventually be shaped to 42x10 and included in the library of precut designs.

4 Likes

Be sure to properly ventilate that laser cutter. I went to a USDA meeting this weekend and we reviewed a case where the laser cutter emissions killed a family and their pets. Likewise many people don’t know that 3D printers emit nano particles which penetrate the lungs and cause severe breathing problems with elevated exposure. Not trying to scare anyone, just be cautious.

Found a few triangle patterns that could look good

@Chase : @mmaner said that his laser cutter is sealed and has a vacuum to evacuate fumes. He’ll be fine :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Error_51 : Creativity overload

Vanarian.exe has stopped working. Auto-reset, please wait…

4 Likes

I would love to see some Maori style grip tapes

Like this turtle on te middle of the board

6 Likes

I worked on it myself, but it was too difficult.:sob:

20 Likes

Very nice :slight_smile:

This is about 10 mins work, Im sure I can do better given a little time…

10 Likes

This brings me much joy. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

This design might work for a board :slight_smile:

8 Likes