*Group Buy* Tacon 6374 Outrunner

I’d be interested in at least one.

Al…

@delta_19 @NNGG As of right now, this is just a feeler thread. If it so happens they’re trying to sell me essentially alien :alien: outrunner and switch to Maytech since @chaka already has a confirmed sample from them or just scrap the group buy all together.

1 Like

Yeah no worries, If we can confirm a REAL tacon 160 group buy, then Im in. If not, then I will just buy from hobbypartz or stick with my 149kv. Maytech is also interesting, but i wish I bought that tacon a long time ago

i just wish there was more good cheap outrunners on the market.

that was tacon 160s 6 months ago. I feel your pain

I’ve gone ahead and requested a sample motor. If all goes well, I’ll go ahead with the order. The price per motor will be only a few dollars more since I hadn’t calculated for sample motor price.

1 Like

Thanks for doing the investigation for us @claudiofiore88 !

Just to be clear, is this for the tacon 160 size or the bigger size (from Chaka’s picture). If this is for the bigger motor, I’m in.

oxymoron…

Not really, after some people tested the tacons @ $55 they were by far the best value for money. Now @ $65 and out of stock a SK3 6364-74 is a comparable out runner.

As already stated, no its not. Tacon is 65 and with 40 for shipping is still cheaper then yours and with shipping cheaper then diy’s. Same deal with the sk3.

suppose it depends how precious your time is, modifying shaft & attaching appropriate cables… maybe 1hr or 3

also i offer a warranty specifically for esk8ers

most of the hobby stores will see your mods & deny warranty immediately…

ALSO, if you happen to buy an Enertion mount & R-SPEC motor kit together you get your R-SPEC for only $99

seems like a no brainer to me… in-stock & ready to ship - for FREE!

p.s. So, Tacon? are they the motors that are never in stock?

I came here for Tacons. If its not a Tacon, an NTM, an SK3, or an R-SPEC, I’m not interested. I don’t have time to waste on clones, plenty of other people have already done that for me.

Also if you did manage to order 100 genuine Tacons that were customized in some way such as color or ciclip grooves or keyways or whatever you would have zero difficulty moving them in my opinion. The market is salivating at the prospect of a sub $80 high quality 6374 outrunner that is actually available for purchase.

1 Like

What, WHAT? if it’s taking you 3 hours to put 3 bullets and a flat spot on a motor I feel sorry for you. It takes 15 minutes for the bullets and longhairedboy can put a flat spot on a shaft in 3 minutes.

And that $99 is before shipping so still not worth it over a cheap good motor like a tacon or sk3

my first ever attempt at putting together a drive train (alien) took several days, being so careful not to make any mistakes, i had saved all my money up (i didn’t have much money) i really didn’t want to make a mistake, i had no idea how to do anything…I was also afraid to ask stupid questions on the forums because i didn’t want to look like an idiot…

so yes… it was a bloody slow process…

I think it’s important to constantly empathise with the mindset of a beginner… the day you forget what it was like when you knew nothing is the day you stop thinking about how you can better educate the masses and its when you stop innovating as a product designer.

making complex easy since 2013

peace.

The biggest problem with that kit is that (for me and a lot of other people on a budget) it is so expensive that if i use hobby parts i can build an entire board for that price. Warranty doesn’t mean shit if I cant even afford the product in the first place.

you are the guy who wants to do everything as cheap as possible & disregards quality & performance along the way… but learning from mistakes is important!

you are the guy who wants to consume the info & resources for free but then supports the cheap Chinese clone supplier who doesn’t contribute to the community or industry.

you are the guy that wastes the time of small business owners trying to get them to sell you individual parts when they clearly say that they do not… time is money

you are the reader of the esk8 forum not a builder of esk8… not a contributor.

you are the guy who gets fooled by the false economy… but hopefully learns from it

you are not my target market… & that’s cool by me

no offense!

girl*

1. Cheap =/= crap just as expensive =/= quality

2. I have not bought anything yet except a zboard off craigslist, so thats kinda unfair to say that i dont support the community. currently my plan is to do a diy 18650 battery, buy a vesc from @chaka since out of all the vesc suppliers I have heard the most good things about him, a pulley system from you since it seems like the best option, and I am currently debating on what I want to do for the motor (still debating about trying out using a motor from a drill or cordless saw).

3. I admit that was a questionable thing I did with metroboard, I was in a mood that day and wanted to see if i could beat the system

4. I really hate this thought that you have to build something in order to comment or contribute on it.

5. false economy, good buzzword, i like it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@claudiofiore88 since you are already in talks with this manufacture you should ask what it would cost to get custom machining on the rotor. Something that can handle being pummeled by rocks would be great. I love tacons but the open design of an airplane motor doesn’t do well 40mm above the pavement at 30mph. I burn though a motor every month or two due to shredded windings.

3 Likes

Yeah that was really uncalled for, you make good stuff but it’s outburst like this that really makes me iffy of you.

3 Likes