GT2B "baby buffalo" Mod Case (3D Printable Thumb Throttle Case)

I’ve build 3 or 4 badwolf modified GT2b’s now. I have 2 more on their way - one destined for the baby buffalo. It’s great to have options for those who like trigger vs thumb. My GF is riding w/ a kama right now, and still sees occasional drops. She prefers the thumb throttle, so thinking this will be for her. Or if i absolutely love it, i’ll make another for me.

Thanks for sharing this @Qwiksand - and look forward to trying it!

Since my trigger pot broke while making the monkey mod, I decided to make this one. Gotta say, I love it! Needs some perfecting, if I have time I’ll try and do some tweaks, mainly ergonomics.

Thanks for making this case!

3 Likes

Looks great! Thanks for posting pics.

1 Like

What do you think about adding a part so you can velcro on a flashlight? I have done it on my copy.

1 Like

That’s actually not a bad idea for those who don’t have LED headlights on their boards. Will the weight of the flashlight be an issue with what looks to be a small piece of velcro?

I think that’s a great idea. Assuming that you use a flashlight like this?

https://www.amazon.com/BYB-Aluminum-Flashlight-Batteries-Backpacking/dp/B00V639BX2/ref=sr_1_3?s=hardware&ie=UTF8&qid=1472923216&sr=1-3&keywords=small+flashlight

Would you be willing to share your CAD files?

Of course. I am on mobile now so can’t get link, but if you search onshape for GT2B flashlight it should show up.

1 Like

Great idea! Awesome to see someone making use of the source files :sunglasses:

Great mod! But did you successfully set up failsafe with the steering pot? Because with mine GT2B, only the throttle channel failsafe is working. When I try it with the steering pot and his channel, motors are doing this annoying “beeeep beeeep beeeep” sound with discontinuous breaking during the signal loss.

I’ve not looked into the fail safe mode for the steering pot to tell the truth, mine does the exact same thing when I turn the transmitter off (beep, beep, beep…). To be fair, I have never purposefully changed the default fail safe on the throttle channel though either.

Now that you mention it, I don’t think I’ve ever turned my transmitter off while riding the board- I’ll have to try that out tomorrow and see what happens.

With all that said, I’ve put a couple hundred incident-free (at least from a throttle drop/hang perspective :wink: ) miles on this mod. But, you bring up a valid safety concern and everyone performing this mod should at least be made aware- thanks for posting!

I had ugly crash today because of the signal loss and discontinuous breaking in a high speed during my testing ride so be careful :wink:

Connect the pot to the trigger port. You might need to adjust the internal trimms.

1 Like

Ok, if anybody is interested how to set up the failsafe. I try to connect steering pot to the trigger port but it was not working properly with mine fvt 120. Even after adjusting the internal trims and REV/NOR. What has been working for me is that I also swapped the brown and the yellow cable in the steering pot connector.:wink:

1 Like

Swapping those cables is the same as flipping the direction switch.

EDIT: Btw, you can reverse those plugs very easily by pulling from the casing, it’ll just come of the board.

Yes, I swapped the cables in the housing. And for gt2b / ftv 120A combo, swapping the cables is not the same as flipping the direction switch. Without swapping the cables, the reverse isn’t working properly (check out the beeping sound in the video ).

Make sure you recalibrate the esc throttle range. That beep means you went past the ppm limit.

How did you guys cut down the plastic on the throttle so that it would properly fit in the case? I’m talking about the little edge you have to lower so that the pcb can be bent upwards! Thanks!

There’s no need to cut anything, its the steering assembly you need to use, not the throttle

EDIT: totally miss read that, just bend it, you don’t have to cut anything.

1 Like

If you need a little more clearance, you can cut it with sharp side cutters or even dremel sanding head works pretty well.

1 Like

How do you recalibrate the GT2b? Or you talking about adjusting it in the ESC controls?