GT2B constantly dropping signal and motor detection stopped working after connecting sensor wires [RESOLVED]

Do you know if they used it on the same VESCS or to transfer the settings to another?

I just connected my sensor wires again, and I canā€™t get them to work. I give up, and moving on with my life. Sensor wires are overrated lol. Definitely not worth the trouble.

And motor detection stopped working on one of vescs again. Letā€™s hope I can fix it, again. #NeverAgain

And itā€™s fixed, again. f sensor wires.

So, it is time to let the Sensors be Sensors and go on without(nobody really needs sensors tbh).

1 Like

I know a guy who just update the firmware then load xml config file. 2 throttles push and pshiiitā€¦

And others guys on this forum as well, some say the same as me.

@FlashNova : I also trusted in sensors system but I forgave at the first try (I had some troubles like you). Vedder himself says that itā€™s not worth using sensors on eskate.

If your using the sensor wires the motor phase wires have to be In a specific order when connected to the vesc otherwise it wonā€™t function properly and could fry your vesc. Iā€™d ask Dexter at @torqueboards for the correct layout

I love the sensored startup personally :grinning:

Well, i do it only on same hardware and same firmware, maybe this saved me. I should maybe reconsider using this feature.

Well considering how he never responded to me, Iā€™m not sure how much help he would be.

He sometimes seems to only be reachable through the live chat on his page, did you try that?

1 Like

Doesnā€™t this only apply to RC ESCs? The VESC detects the order they are plugged in and it works in every direction.

That said: This is the correct behaviour, but we never know, so I would try that anyways.

Itā€™s all good. I resolved the issue myself and my board works, thatā€™s all that matters. Like I said, Iā€™m moving on with my life lol.

@FlashNova Yes in unsensored mode the vesc auto detects but the sensors need to match up with the corresponding phase that they are monitoring, hence they have to be in the correct order. At least thatā€™s my understanding.

@Bender http://vedder.se/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=73#p369 Third part. It should not matter if everything works correctly.

@FlashNova You may be done, but I am a guy that wants to have a problem completely solved, so I will add some thoughts here, sorry for that.

1 Like

Yes, @Bender I experienced this as well ! The Hall sensors table shall match the wiring order. If you reconnect in a wrong order, the motor try to spin but only stuttering.

Sensors are interesting for stand startup but personally I always give one push thus making sensors useless.

1 Like

Always check the antenna where it is soldered to the board. I have opened a few brand new GT2bā€™s in my time and I have had one antenna fall off straight out of the box. Just check to see if it is possible wiggling on the board.

I have a problem with my mod, when i turn my gt2b on the green light flashes viciously and only when i charge it it goes back to normal and im able to bind it with the receiver but a couple of minutes later it will go back to fast flashing green light

Heres a video of it https://youtu.be/8XANd_NZGDc