Hello! 16 y/o from Toronto riding pre-built boards for a while. Been slowly collecting information for the last year or so through reddit & this forum but visited more seriously starting last month.
Thought I’d share with you my first build. Got tired of my boosted board v2+ and wanted something better. So I sold that and built this! Hope you all like it. Currently waiting on the battery from @RedBaron to arrive should come next week (will update the thread when all is running!)
- Sector 9 Bintang
- Haggy 2-1 Drive Train (w/ Bergmeister Wheels) by @riverside.rider
- 2x Focbox from @timbo_1233
- 12s4p 30Q w/ a loop key by @RedBaron
- Psychotiller Lormier Burst Enclosure from @venom121212
- Flipsky VX1 Remote
Build Inspired By
& the evolve GT Bamboo
All started when I broke my wrist while playing ultimate frisbee, decided I’d take the downtime from riding to build and prepare a board for the summer.
- First order of business: sell the boosted board.
- Then, proceeded to do my reading on the forum and compiled a parts list. The parts slowly started to trickle in one by one.
- Amazed at how nice these wheels are! Tried a friend’s evolve with pneumatics and I was hooked.
- Didn’t exactly like the design on the bintang, so I sanded it and bought some spray paint to make it black.
- After 3 thin coats of paint, this was the result.
- However… figured I’d top coat it for some extra protection and it wasn’t applied evenly. Ruining the look
Next, I clamped it down to mark where the enclosure is going to go.
Then, drilled the holes to put the inserts in. Didn’t tighten the depth stop enough for two of them and accidentally poked through the board
Got a friend to help me apply the griptape, design was inspired by @egzplicit. Messed up the design the first time (looks too triangular), so went back and fixed it later.
Test fit in the enclosure to plan out wiring in my head.
RedBaron sent me a picture of the complete battery (blue one) ! The last part to arrive.
Cast finally came off! Wrist feels quite weird… Decided to wear a wrist brace for the meantime (my hand looks really strange in this picture)
In the mean time, finished up getting the cables through the wirelooms and putting together the trucks.
At first I tried a drop through mount, but the motor mounts weren’t long enough for adequete clearance - and I was too lazy to cut and round off the ends of the deck. Decided to top mount for more motor clearance (put a riser on top to cover the hole)
Everything is now mounted and ready to roll. Patiently waiting for the battery!
Test fitted the enclosure on to the deck, looks good! Just got to tighten the screws a little more so it compresses the rubber gasket along the edge fully.
Just discovered @Riako’s motor covers & guards for Haggy Motors today. Will have to get these printed and on the board ASAP!
BIG SHOUTOUT TO:
for helping me along the way and answering all of my questions. I’m sure I’ll have plenty more when wiring everything & setting up the vesc, all the posts about fried vescs have left me very stressed.
Battery is scheduled to arrive Thursday next week. Will update the thread when it comes! For now I’ll have to read and watch videos on VESC settings and such so I don’t fry mine. Will also test the Bergmeisters when board is fully completed! (Does anyone have a recommendation on what PSI to run them?)