Has anyone tried using one of these esc's from ebay before?

Ok thanks heaps

Do I need an antispark with the single version of this esc using a 10s pack? I saw where the seller said you didn’t but don’t know if anyone has actually tested it

Nope, it has a power switch. I wouldn’t leave it for days and days. If your battery pack has an E-Switch that’s even better.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks!

Yep you don’t need one. I just have a circuit breaker before it so that acts as my on off switch

Tis is my current setup. the 3D printed mount for the batteryes is still a work in progress. I am planning to 3D print also the casing for the ESC

1 Like

I got this esc too but im wondering if this esc really is the same as the one the meepo board uses it should be near silent right ? My board sounds just like on the cheap hobbyking car esc ive used before

hi, guys maybe you have some ideas. My Esc is not working with an 6s lipo. it does nothing, not even a sound, or it had a smell after the first connect.

th configuration of this was 7s and i desoldered th 7s and conected the 6s pads together.

so what can i do now?

buy a vesc.

1 Like

Are they compatible with hubs?

yes…

10chars

Guys, for 90kv direct motors should I choose the hub motor ESC or the brushless motor ESC. I understand it’s a dumb question as the the most basic answer is already in my question however I don’t understand how the throttle curve changes and I was thinking that a brushless motor ESC could be better!!??

Nope. Someone else tested this and the throttle curve is really bad. It is way too weak, the guy thought it was because geared setups have a gearing advantage which creates more torque so they make the throttle curve a lot softer. where as hubs don’t have a gear reduction so it needs to have a stronger curve to get similar torque

Did you make sure you fully desoldered the 7s pin

Yep, i took a close look and reworking the soldering point to be sure that the are really separated. bud sadly, he is dead Jim :frowning:

Maybe try contacting the seller to see what they say. It could’ve been faulty from the start. These should be compatible with 6S. I had to de-solder some points on mine to make it compatible with 10S.

To elaborate on GrecoMan’s less-than-helpful comment, a vesc will give you a lot more power/customization, albeit being much more complex than these plug and play ESCs. I have two boards; one with a vesc and one with this ESC. I loved being able to just plug it in and go. It’s a good starting point, especially if it’s your first board :slight_smile:

I made a case for this board.

The longboard works great with 270kV motors and 6S lipo (2x3S). Pulleys are upgraded to 28 on motor side and 48 on wheel side, speed 20-25 Kmh (not yet measured).

Good luck

1 Like

With that gear ratio you are more likely to hit 50km/h

I will print it now! thanks!

I think too that it must go faster. We have to test again, maybe it is the slow / fast switch. I calculated the speed and must be around 40-45 km/h. We have 2 motors wired up but that must be not the reason to go slow.

Let me know if you printed the case, maybe you can place a photo on thingiverse.com