Has anyone tried using one of these esc's from ebay before?

How well does this type of esc deal with heat? I mounted this esc on a aluminium heatsink (4mm) and put thermal paste between the esc and heatsink. It’s inside a fully sealed enclosure, you think it will be ok or do I need ventilation holes under the heatsink as well?

1 Like

Nah you’ll be good. I’ve been running it with no heat sink on 30 degree+ days without issue

new version of the board

for the button thing: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2764313

1 Like

Nice looks good. Btw to get the full pick to show go into your camera roll and change the orientation of the picture and then back to normal again to reset it

Did you just de-solder the 6s and 7s connections to get your 10s setup working? I got sent a 6s esc but am running a 10s battery and with those points de-soldered i’m getting nothing. Oddly enough it runs the motors when the 6s is soldered but beeps at me angrily.

Yep! They sent me a pic of which points to desolder, so I did that and it’s been working like a charm since. You just have to be careful with it, but I’m a noob solderist and it went fine.

someone has any idea on how to attach the lipos to the longboard?

Try ‘wingardium leviosa’ :slight_smile: it works quite well :slight_smile:

Or just an enclosure attached with screws and nuts…

3 Likes

Or battery straps if you like fireworks😉

1 Like

Heres the final version. I used a box to oranize nuts and bolts, removed the cap and screwed the box on the longboard.

Hey, could someone help me. I also have this esc and planing to use a battery pack of li ion samsung 30Q cells. since Im using a very small deck I don’t have much room. based on my measurements I can only fit up to 14 18650 cells. my question is am i better off building a 7s2p or will 10s1p cause less stress on the system. if I’m not worried about the loss in range would making a 10s battery be better for the board.

You need at least 2p if you’re using 30Q cells. Otherwise you won’t be able to get enough current. Also keep in mind these ESCs are made with a specific battery voltage in mind, and you’ll have to solder and unsolder a few connections on the ESC to change voltages

I tried these things out, they weren’t very good. Way too much lag and they kept beeping on me.

1 Like

how did you pair your controller to your board mine is just beeping a lot

Have a look at the headway cells, you can 1p them

1 Like

It should pair automatiaclly. If it doesn’t pair press the button on the remote called: Code Syncronize. It should work.

1 Like

Does someone know what kind of transmission the esc uses (bluetooth, wifi, radio…)? I would like to build a different remote to controll the board (maybe using arduino). Do you guys have some suggestions to pair the arduino to the esc?

Also, the esc when yoi break or go downhll charges the batteryes? During my rides I never seen the batteryes get charged when in downhill

It has some sort of speed limit. With 10s battery, 280kv motor, 14:27 ratio, 90mm wheels I still get barely 20km/h

That would be because your motor isn’t powerful enough with that gear ratio and wheel size. Swap to a 190kV motor or change the gearing.

I would recommend the first as the esc has a rpm limit which is around 6400rpm any higher and your just losing potential torque if you had of gotten a lower kV. So for 10s a 170 - 190kv will be about right. A gear ratio change would also be good.

After doing that it would give you a top speed somewhere around 40km/h. Just saying but this esc is not the best if you want high speeds due to the rpm limit

1 Like