Have a potential supplier of the new Samsung 30T 21700 cells

No, they contacted me again and suddenly were saying they didn’t have 30T’s, just the 48G for 2170’s from Samsung.

1 Like

I was in contact with someone who claimed to have the 30T cell. They asked me if I need a legit 30T cell. I said yes, and after contacting many times, I never heard anything again, lol.

2 Likes

People in my forum keep saying the 30Q is much better than the 30T, cheaper, better range and hill climbing. Is all confusing because here all of you have a different opinion… 30T seem to fit the glove much better. (??)

Yeah I don’t see how anyone could claim the 30Q is better… The 30T has much higher power…

1 Like

Depends on how many you can pack and which power you need.

The 30T are heavier and bigger so if you got lot of room for many parallel packs or only need limited continuous power the 30Q are the smartest choice.

Now if you have limited room for parallel packs AND / or need big continuous power with limited voltage sag, the 30T are unrivaled as far as 18650/20700/21700/26650 cells go.

Note that apart from weight and overall size, a 30T beats a 30Q in every aspects (better range, higher max discharge, low voltage sag, cooler). It sums it up pretty well :slight_smile:

Edit : though the real contender for e-skate will be 40T!

1 Like

They don’t want to sell it to a private customer. Bummer.

Anyone have any leads on 30t suppliers yet? I need these cells. I don’t want to settle for the Sanyo

2 Likes

Second that! :point_up_2:

No leads currently.

Damnit. Sanyo 20700a is also impossible to find. Sanyo 20650is rated for the same as the 27000a but graphs show other wise. But it’s available…

Because the 30T are bigger, heavier, and more expensive. By your logic, a truckload of lead-acid car batteries is better than the 30T

1 Like

Yeah that’s precisely my logic, you really nailed that one! Comparing something that is only 3mm more diameter and barely more weight, it’s somehow the equivalent of a truck load of shitty old tech batteries.

And wtf where is that comment coming from I said that almost a month ago, do you just go around and check threads for things you can troll? Grow up…

Actually, it’s 49% heavier and 89.4% more expensive. Grow up …

I hadn’t checked the thread since then. I’m not trolling you. I want to make sure folks see how ridiculous and biased it is if they come and read this later.

There are many reasons a cell can be “better” and simply a higher power doesn’t mean much at all without more details. Hence the truckload of lead comparison. It’s on-point and relevant.

3 Likes

The 30t is the best possible cell for my current build. Much better than the 30q. 4wd off road trampa with a 12s3p layout. I need super high discharge and 30q won’t cut it. (12s3p is just the on board battery)

It’s all based off of the application. There is no ultimate ‘best’ cel

3 Likes

Exactly the same for me. There is a trade off for the extra weight and cost, you get more power in the long run than you can get from an 18650.

Why not go for Lipos??? Way more power dense than 30T…

How much power do you need? Post a list of requirements and I can help you do the trade study (if you want).

1 Like

My design is already based off of 21700 or 20700

Thanks for the offer though, I have some backups in case the 30t doesn’t come through

I heard the Samsung 30T was coming out mid 2018. The Sanyo 20700A I read you can find in some power tool battery packs.

LOL the wh/$ killed me.

Yea ? Which ones? I see people selling them on eBay, for like 20 bucks a pop. They’re not even that great

The 30t is ideal for me. I’ll wait if I have to to be honest. I’ve checked heart every cell on the open market and nothing compares