Having an issue with my TB vesc

Your CAN transceiver blew, remove U401 and-or replace it

@scepterr has the focbox now, seems like the pcb died. Im waiting for enertion to ship out some new ones

Lol yeah that one was a doozy, blown up fets, shunt, burned traces

1 Like

did it come like that?

Naw it came working perfectly, put many miles on it and then boom! Bad soldering skills

1 Like

Actually The one vesc that iā€™ve had fail was from tb. and it was not user error. it was cold solderā€¦ still gotta fix that paper weightā€¦

iā€™ve done this for a bit, but 200kv is nicer on 10s. :wink:

Did it work?

yes ti works, but i never went full speed with that setup. the top end is where the problems would happenā€¦ either way its not needed. the speed can be had with other more reliable setups.

Lolā€¦ Hmm Iā€™ve heard this story beforeā€¦

Iā€™ve had multiple foc boxes and Olin vesc on 10s and 12s for 245, 110, 149, 190, and 170kv no problems

I completely disagree. The Vesc work perfect and the price is right if you are on a budget. Iā€™ve bought 5 vesc all from @torqueboards and the only issue Iā€™ve run into was because I didnā€™t set up FOC properly

1 Like

for 245kv did you limit the erpm or the top speed some how?

I actually never limited the Erpm Iā€™m just super light and never went fast

Ok, but do you think that If I use an Ollin Vesc, and limit the erpm to 55k, I should be safe? I doubt that I will be going over the erpm anyway because that is over 30mph for me. Are there other ways to limit top speed?

I think that will be fine just donā€™t try racing the board, I would say if you want to never have to worry get a 190kv motor

Ok, because I am on a limited budget, what inexpensive 190kv motor would you recommend. what could I do with my old SK3? Its in very good condition with limited riding on it. What about this one that I found https://hobbyking.com/en_us/kd-53-30-high-voltage-brushless-outrunner-190kv.html?wrh_pdp=3&___store=en_us

That one works

Is there a reason the I should beware of because of the lower price than the SK3?

Nah just look up the motor in the search function u arenā€™t the first to use it