Hi everyone, this summer I started a project together with my father. We set to build a DIY friendly integrated deck designed specifically for builders.
It all started when my father found a company that produces raw veneers and presses furniture parts such as chair rests for example. Thanks to one of their high pressure presses that has a 920mm radius mold we can press a deck of the thickness and length we want at a competitive price. 920mm results in a comfortable radial concave.
After pressing the decks they are CNC’d by the same company.
After this step the decks are finished by hand, so we can’t guarantee exact tolerances. Nonetheless each deck will look perfect to the naked eye.
- 36" Deck (925mm) in Beech wood: Haya in spanish hence the name.
- 9.6" (244mm) wide: Limited by the veneer size for now.
- Radial concave
- Flush mount
- 3 different wheelbases
- Integrated cable routing for up to 4 motors. Perfect for 4wd or dual diagonal.
- 2 Routed segments of 674x76mm (26.5in x 3in). That fits even NESE Modules. Enough for 12s4p on dual config.
- Depth of 22.5mm. Enough to fit 16650 to 21700 batteries and Flipsky V6 ESC’s.
- Lid (Prob. 1mm laser cut alu) with attached gasket: 1,2mm compressed.
- Deck weight (with inserts) sub 2kg. (Final lid weight still unknown…). All incl. way sub 3kg.
- Produced locally in Pamplona (Northern Spain) where I come from.
NOTE: It’s still an ongoing project. I will keep everything posted on this thread: Deadlines, Prices etc. I will build a first 10s4p dual Focbox prototype in 11 days and test everything myself.
If you got any questions please let me know.
Here are some pics of CND’d raw prototype boards and some with finished woodworking. They still don’t have the final sanding nor any Epoxy and PU coating on. We intend to keep the natural white color of the wood on the finished product.
30/30 Completed, new fillings go to the backup list, if anyone withdraws you get his spot: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScKLQvlog5rbQv77ipJuINo6x7aOFsqAiKhxe_9IISmnCU_6w/viewform Limited to 30 pieces on the 1st betha run.