[HELP] APS Dual 150A ESC/APS Transmitter-Receiver Issues

Yeah the bad weather really sucks. Do you know a way to reduce the maximum rpm? I overkilled my setup with a 430kv motor and it spins too fast. So is there an option on/in the ESC (program)?

I really donā€™t think so. Youā€™re going to have to experiment changing things like I said before. Otherwise change your gearing or change your motor are the only things I can suggest.

Okay. So today I had my first real ride and itā€™s amazing! I set the ā€œStart Powerā€ to ā€œAutoā€ and the Throttle to ā€œvery softā€ and it works fine. Even tho I only have a single motor setup I cannot say that the one wheel drive is a big deal (in terms of carving because some said that the one wheel drive will push you to the left (if itā€™s mounted on the right)). Drive safe!

Thatā€™s awesome, man. Iā€™m also only on one motor right now due to technical issues but Bruno is fixing it for me. I wonā€™t be riding anymore for a while but I did get about 6 miles on it with the one motor and it was so much fun. Iā€™m so excited to keep riding but I need to build a real case to protect my investment. The case I have is a very shoddy plastic container lol.

I also have a plastic container, but itā€™s very stable and also has a handle. I screwed it onto my deck and now I can use the handle to carry my board. This helps a lot :wink:

What firmware did you guys settle on using? Also, you can change the max power (next to the start power) which should limit some of that I think.

I am currently using the firmware the ESC comes with originally, I can look at the build number later today if you want me to. Honestly I havenā€™t been riding much at all because my remote/receiver from Alien Power decided to have connectivity issues and dumped me off my board at 20 or so mphā€¦ I had some really nasty roadrash despite my pads and helmet, Iā€™m lucky I wear a helmet or Iā€™d probably have had a massive concussion. So Iā€™ve been a little gun shy as far as eboarding recently haha. Any other questions about the ESC or whatever else feel free to ask here and Iā€™ll try my best to help.

So I changed the start power to 10% since it was very hard for me to get a safe start, but this definitely depends on your motor. And I use the firmware that @DaveMess recommended somewhere above. And I have no connection issues with the remote fortunately. But I have the problem that my board needs like 30-60 seconds to get started. Not that big of a deal, but I think itā€™s weird. But from my experience this has nothing to do with the start power nor with the remote.

@Davey I had similar problems and re-uploading the firmware seemed to solve it.

Hey guys Iā€™m back. Iā€™m having an issue with my motors not spinning at all in bench tests and not working with the sensor wires hooked up. Also, I have to keep the ā€œidleā€ speed to where you have to hold the break for it to stay still or nothing will happen when you try to start the board. Any ideas?