HELP - Can’t control my VESC with PPM or UART anymore

Need to use the Extended BLDC Tool, don’t know if there’s a Mac version

1 Like

I just don’t get why plugging the photon remote would make all my vesc freak out ???

I got the selecting part but i don’t have the firmware on my computer and i can’t find it on the vesc website

Yeah that’s a bit weird, I would write default app config, reboot and resetup app config, reboot, check

wait did you plug it into the right port?

2 Likes

Lol that would be funny… And to the correct side of the correct port…

2 Likes

I plugged it in the uart port

I would be careful holding it barehanded unless it’s coated, could easily static shock it or even short across your skin

1 Like

Did you download the modified firmware?

1 Like

can i see a picture of your app configuration?

1 Like

Check the cables one time I had them backwards at the rx side, took me awhile to notice… I was losing my marbles

Looks like u tried that nvm :zipper_mouth_face:

No i did not and was not aware of this issue. I will update my VESC with it and tell you if it works ! Hope it will The weird thing is that even the gt2b don’t work anymore. Thanks for the mac version of the vesc tool So i just should download vesc tool update the firmware re do all the parameters , motor detection etc

the gt2b shouldn’t work anymore, you set it to uart only.

1 Like

I m not that stupd bro, when i plug the gt2B i swith to PPM

1 Like

A quick search in the Photon thread does wonders… Don’t ya think? :joy: Yup, update and configure.

1 Like

True that, i knda stopped watching the thread since i had a bad module for months !

Tsk tsk… Who taught you that nonsense? :sweat_smile:

1 Like