Help for problem brake

Is the current come back to my battery when I brake

Exactly. 10char

Ok thank you so much if you come to Manhattan It me up I will pay for the beer :beers:

1 Like

Thank you so much same to you if you come to Manhattan it me up I will buy a beer for you

1 Like

Common error on this thread :slight_smile: :

If you go from -60 to -15, you’re not lowering, you’re upping because -60 < -15. It’s just basic maths from school.

more like a lemonade - you´ll get kicked out with our little brother @GrecoMan :wink:

5 Likes

Thats completely wrong…

2 Likes

the minus just implicates that current beeing generated and flowing back into the vesc instead of out. So if you type in -15, you´re telling the vesc to take 15A in for a maximum. So -60 is a much stronger brake, than -15.

Set this value according to your battery max charging capability

2 Likes

I know that but maths are maths. If you want to say that going from -60 to -15 is lowering the value, it’s ok for me but it’s wrong anyway from a maths perspective (not sure this sentence is correct in English as I’m not a native English speaker).

I love your arguments !

we’re not solving a math problem here… we were telling him to LOWER the amount of current going into his battery

Exactly Greco!

1 Like

The amount (magnitude) of current is the absolute value of that number. He’s lowering the braking (negative) current. You’re being pedantic about something where the OP is already confused and you’re serving to only make it harder for him to solve his problem.

1 Like

Question if I make my brake -40 How much the battery min will be And if I do -60 and -15 for the battery min my range would change or know And I will get more heat or no

Thank you

Motor min or Battery min?

Forget about the common laws of math, they don’t apply in this case. -60 means 60a amps regen -15 means 15a amps regen so in this case -60 is greater than -15

2 Likes

You’re new and you decided to invest in a vesc6 and 12s7p? I mean, unless you have extensive downhill experience or something, you went way overkill. Not trying to tell you what to do, just trying to say that these setups are not meant for new guys. Ves6 is still considered overkill even for the most seasoned esk8ers

1 Like

Guess he won’t have to be upgrading his board 6 months from now since he went all out at the start.

4 Likes

I change my set up for this Is ok Thank you

I’m new in the diy this is the first board and battery I make and first set up for the vesc6 I bought But i’m new for use electric skateboard Thank you

1 Like