Help me defend this esk8ter

Noodles is love, noodles is life :smiley:

2 Likes

2 Likes

i don’t even know how you found this

that’s momofuku ando, the man that invented packaged ramen.

this is screen grab from S01E01 of mind of a chef, great show

1 Like

Isn’t the hate caused by them having to pay roughly double the price of a car just to be able to drive one? You still don’t own a car after having paid that amount.

Then there is this shitty white guy (not even sure it is relevant that he is caucasian, why is it even mentioned) who just gets on his ESK8 and doesn’t/hasn’t paid anything, yet uses the same streets…terrible.

Owning and driving a car in Singapore tells others you have cash. You have worked hard and earned the right to drive on those streets.

http://thestrategicretreat.com/cost-of-a-car-in-singapore/ Registration fee…pays for the corrupt government.

That’s how it works sometimes. I paid property taxes here in California on 2 homes, one in Los Angeles county (19 years) other in Orange County (10 years), the amounts are broken down, one of the lines states that I’m paying for SCHOOL/EDUCATION.

I only have a 2 year old who is not in the public school system, but I have paid into these educational funds for almost 20 years. NON home owners, do not pay annual property tax, does this mean I should go yell at them and tell their children that they are terrible because they are freeloading their education?

should have put a sarcastic smile behind it. I was in Singapore for two weeks and those driving cars would proudly tell me so. It is part of a status culture. You often see rich people driving the streets slowly in their super cars, causing more traffic jams than a single ESK8 user.

1 Like

I thought it was a sarcastic comment.

Some people are so weird about the whole status thing.

Wow a city with over 5 million people doesn’t even have bike lanes…says it all really,no wonder motorist’s hate them they don’t want them to be there!!