HELP. My motor is barely moving me. It had plenty of speed yesterday but today it is only going ~5mph

Haha i wish you would have. At least 2 hours. The board still does not ride as normal. The light has turned green even though the problem continues. I have tried to bypass the BMS and still nothing. Times are tough

1 Like

Iā€™m doing my best here my friend. You could have some out of whack cells. I would leave it on charge for a few more hours or overnight. Do this outside of your house. Canā€™t be too careful but with a 2a charger when you leave it on it will slowly balance the cells via the bms even if its green. I think you over discharged it. What is the battery? 25r 30q?

1 Like

Looks like lg hg2 the 3000mah ones, judging by the brown wrap on em.

@buildityourself Do you have a voltage meter? If yes can you check the voltage of the battery leads going to the bms. The the lead from the bms to the discharge plug. Also check each cell voltage.

The battery and the discharge plug both say 41.7. Do you think it could be a wiring problem somewhere else down the line?

So i charged it through the night last night. Iā€™m going to try and resolder some wires where I may have done a poor job and see what happens

1 Like

Now i would get a meter and check the overall voltage of the pack.

To clarify

The battery was balanced and then ran down to 40v when I sent it, not sure why it would be behaving like this :scream:

1 Like

Ah it all becomes clear. @anon64938381 sold you a dodgy battery Hit the solution button our work here is done :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

No I promise :sob::sob::joy:

If I were to ever sell a battery again, it would be good to prove that everything is in working condition. Is there a way to test a pack without opening the wrapping?

2 Likes

The voltage looks fine, its at 41.7. I still donā€™t know if it is the battery that is the problem.

1 Like

It says 41.7 volts

1 Like

More or less there then. You could check the p groups but thats not enough of a drop to really worry. Put it back together and have a ride. Check the voltage against the meter when you get back. Did you get the meter working? God i hate that bloody blue screen that tells you off for replying too many times.

2 Likes

I know flipsky VESCs have had issues with reading voltages, what brand of VESC do you have?

I think i remember you talking about having a TB VESC, which of the (probably) hundreds if not thousand units sold, hasnt had a track record of reading voltages incorrectlyā€¦ :thinking:

I have to get out of my habit of using commas and ellipses ;-; sorry for all the post-post editing, but I feel like it should be readable xd

1 Like

You can extremely carefully check the voltage with a meter at the xt connector.

Disclaimer I have killed 2 multi meters doing this so now I do this.

Best to have a male pigtail connected to a meter and then plug it in. I have a set of leads with crocodile clips soldered on and after I clip them to the pigtail I insulate with electrical tape to be safe.

1 Like

So i do have a flipsky and the voltage reading is accurate. Iā€™m starting to think its my shitty soldering skill that did me in. Iā€™m going to resolder and test it when I get home

1 Like

Oh whoops, i already tested the voltage there and it looked good and luckily didnā€™t screw up the multimeter :thinking: I donā€™t know why the battery gauge acts really strange when riding though, it just rapidly lowers the battery percentage

1 Like

Just got to be careful of arcing. Sounds like you have a faulty meter. Iā€™ve got one that flashes between volts and percentage. No idea why.

1 Like

I hope so. Yeah thats weird, yours sounds like it senses the button being pressed nonstop.

1 Like

@dareno @anon64938381 Sorry to waste everybodyā€™s time and energy but I found the solutionā€¦ and it was a really stupid mistake. I think the biggest factor was the fact that my enclosure did not allow the XT90 loop key to fit all the way together. After a long test the loopkey smoked and smelled so I looked it up and it just needed to be fully inserted to get the full power going. I feel dumb. But happy. But dumb.

9 Likes

That is the best outcome of any issue. Most of mine are down my own silliness. Cool man Pleased for you. You can ask a mod to shut it down now if you want to keep things tidy.

5 Likes