Help Needed **** 12s single drive 6374 190kv slows down after like 20 seconds

Wondering where you ended up with this? Not sure if you are going to hop back on and try again. If you do don’t gun it straight till it cuts out. Try just a normal 15mph cruise. Control the throttle. See how far it goes. Be patient with it. There is already an issue pointed out many times that you are over the erpm limit. You are at 57456 erpm already at nominal voltage of 43.2v. When the pack is fully charged it is 50.4v. It does sound like the safety mechanisms are cutting power. If you keep pushing it something will fail and you may get hurt. That would suck. Also normal cutoffs are 36 start and 33.6 end.

Be safe

Ok everyone! I did solve the problem. I ended up adding a few holes. Then also cut some shrink off the mosfets. It was the 97mm wheels adding to much stress to the motor. I put 90mm wheels on and ripped around 31mph stopping, starting for 7 miles and nothing was overheated or sagging. But since I’m addicted to going 30mph…

All the high speed runs got me to go dual now. So another 6374 190kv motor. Vesc and big trucks are on the way. The single motor braking isn’t enough for a 200lb man who likes to go fast! I know I could change up the hearing but I figured I was going to make the move regardless! Will post some pics off my final build soon!

1 Like

You are absolutely gonna love dual!!! I’m 220lb and can attest :slight_smile:

I just upgraded to dual 6355s with 9mm belts/pulleys from a single 190kv 6374 with a 15mm belt/pulley and the difference in on demand power is significant…it also seems to run more efficiently somehow. Oh and I’m using a torqueboards 10s3p battery and vesc