Hobby King Motor Mount

Do you mind to make a picture of the clamp? Thanks! Do you think they could fit with Ronin trucks?

So just 1mm clearance for the 8mm shaft ā€¦ tight :slight_smile: @twan you could just get a cheap metal round file like this to widen the hole ( check the diameter before buying that just a random link)

Which Ronin trucks?

Here you goā€¦

1 Like

Oh thanks a lot! Seems that could fitā€¦ I need to try. I hope they are back in stock soon.

Check it out, imho they are the best truck ever made.

Bolt holes: 25mm

1 Like

Will these caliber 2 trucks?

so what length of the screws if you include the space for the washers? 14 or 16?

1 Like

Iā€™ve got 14mm and 16mm. 16 will be better with washers. Ill have to put it together to see, still waiting for washers in post

il order 16 then

Hobbyking motor mounts are available in EU again :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just ordered 2 for my next build. Going to try their whole set-up including the motor but minus the trucks.

Ordered 2 aswell. Lets see what they can handle :smiling_imp:

Thx for the info. Gotta be fast before they go to backorder again

Ordered 2 yesterday from UK and they just arrived,

Fairly cheap cast alloy, its only been faced on the mill before coating by the looks of it. Feel strong but they may be brittle.

I ordered a mount and the D5035-125Kv motor, what do you think about the motor?

It looks like itā€™s sealed and nice that it has sensors but in my opinion the Sk3-149Kv looks just a bit ā€œstrongerā€ in terms of the looks of it?

I ordered 2 motors too. They are sensored and sealed. Quite a low KV but Iā€™ve ordered a range of pulleys to play with.

Well i have to admit that i had 2 mounts in my hobbyking basket just for funā€¦ Before check out i read all posts in this topic and i have to say: Jesus christ!

This mount is so stupid designed and very dangerous in my eyes!

What? i would never do thatā€¦ also the m4 threads might bend, mounting the motor this way wonā€™t last long i think.

:scream: lion-hearted!

Eboards are serious not fun, especially when you go fast downhill and your mount brakes :wink: Sorry for disturbing but i definitely donā€™t recommend this hobbyking toy! Get a better mount, you save money on the wrong endā€¦ also cheap gets expensive in the endā€¦

stay safe!

1 Like

Gotta love these guys that have never built a board dogging on those that want to try stuffā€¦

6 Likes

well i wonā€™t comment on your post but if my post was in any way disrespecting for some people then iā€™m sorry for that, this was not my intention. I just donā€™t understand why hobbyking makes too tiny hole for the shaft. But please donā€™t talk like that! One love

1 Like