Hobbyking Turnigy Vesc

Update: One failed around 2 months ago. It probably had only 100-200 miles on it. Hobbyking customer service was good and they did refund quickly, there was no stock for a replacement.

The second of two i bought was the one that failed. It failed randomly one day when braking from about 10mph to 0. I cant see any physically damage at all. It refused to even connect via usb though.

Im probably going to make 2 escape bbox vescs soon.

Hobbyking has good customer service but I only see bad reviews. When My Imax b6 fake broke they refunded credits and I said I can’t ship it out It costs to much the things only worth 15 euro so they let me keep it.

Yeah i still have the broken vesc too.

I wonder can you fix it? and long would it live after a repair.

yeah im going to try, might as well, ill upgrade some caps and diodes to 100v version whilst im there too.

1 Like

Updating this thread. Fixed the hk vesc, drv was fine. A fet had stuck closed, and it some how the bootloader and firmware became corrupted too. £5 fet and £5 st link and im back up and running. Very strange.

Modified it some more, smaller 100v cap is now right on the + and - inputs. Ill shortly be upgrading all 50v ceramic caps to 100v.

2 Likes

So is it correct that the Hobbyking Vesc isnt any good without modifications?