Homemade XT60 adapter 3 lipos in series, 2 in parallel

So just like the title states, I made an adapter to connect six 4S 5200mAh lipos to make a 12s2p. But I’m afraid to connect the lipos to see if it works without first consulting here. Here are some pics:

I know, not my best work, but what are you thoughts? My reasoning for doing it way is bc my battery enclosure is pretty full, so I’m trying to save space. And yes I know I still need to insulate the copper wires, etc. Just was holding off on doing it if it’s not going to end up working, so I can take it apart easier.

I mean, I’m the type of guy that makes sure the solder goes in and all around my soldered area so it doesn’t fall off. I would make sure they’re soldered on strongly wthout them randomly falling off. That second xt60 near the placemet of the female really got a huge tan…

Not sure if they’re contacting eachother.

They’re soldered fine. I’m not asking about my soldering job/skills, what I’m asking is will that work to take six 4s lipos and make them into a 12s2p configuration?

To be honest with you, I’m not even sure. The set up looks rightb(the parallel and series look), but I don’t trust my judgement. I wouldn’t do it out of safety…

Edit: Kavic has the right answer here.

Edited for clarity.

1 Like

looks good! make sure you have an antispark and setup current and voltage limits in vesc tool! have fun

DO NOT FUCKING PLUG THAT SHIT IN ITS A FUCKING BOMB DO NOT PLUG THAT IN IT WILL SHORT YOUR LIPOS.

HOW DID NOBODY ELSE FUCKING REALIZE THIS.

It’s literally a loop between all of the batteries.

10 Likes

youre still a fucking idiot lmao. you cant even notice that there’s a firehazard in front of you :clown_face:

1 Like

best have a bucket of sand with ya

that’s catching fire soon as you plug the batteries in, which will also combust

6 Likes

Beat it retard. I said the set up looks right. You don’t need a fake account to realize crap.

1 Like

Have fun in church praying that nobody dies in the fire ratbrain :hugs:

2 Likes

You’ll need to scrap that connector as yes it is a fire hazard. Parallel and series connections must be handled separately. First you can do the parallel connections in the way shown in the first pic so those are nice and compact. But then you’ll need series connectors and it would be better if those were done with wires.

Before you do any of this please please please keep in mind that all of the packs you connect in parallel must be at the same voltage or very close and heres why. If you had an empty pack and a full pack and connected them both in parallel you would get a huge rush of current, possibly over 100 amps and you could easily overheat your connectors and if you’re using lipos, you’ll probably puff those from overcurrent.

I strongly recommend abandoning your current setup as yes its will dead short your packs. Get a parallel balance board with poly fuses so you wont risk your packs or your safety and your furniture and the house you live in.

3 Likes

No problem meathead. You turned 18 and still can’t see sarcasm. Sad.

Someone still clearly browses esk8 news

1 Like

Lets cease with the unnecessary hostilities. We’re not all experts here.

2 Likes

Im linked to it. Not my issue.

you owe the guy a new house now

1 Like

People who aren’t experts shouldn’t give advice when someone’s livelihood is at risk.

2 Likes

he didn’t want a better judgement. I don’t see that as a me problem. I even said it:

idk, he asked to be double checked :man_shrugging: you still owe hime a house and probably new arms

1 Like

To be fair, he only wanted to know if the set up was good enough. I’ve seen crazier stuff than this. His set up isn’t wrong, but you are absolutely correct. They shouldn’t be on the same line.