Homemade XT60 adapter 3 lipos in series, 2 in parallel

So are you gonna say that doesn’t look like a 12s2p configuration? If not, we got two different opinions. As stated, it looks right, but i don’t trust my judgement on connecting it.

I’m pretty clear.

You really think this ^^^^ would function as a 12s 2p? Look closely, take your time.

1 Like

I can see the series and parallel. But where did i say, “go ahead and plug it in?”

Thats not what I asked. Playing semantics isn’t going to get you far with me, I’m already pretty disapointed in what I’ve seen so far and I expect less than nothing from you.

2 Likes

Isn’t that what you’re doing? I like how im on a call with someone that understands that it was no where a confirmation but rather wait for another response.

Not even close, I didn’t tell anyone their bomb looked right. I’m done grasping at straws, Im actually so fucking sick and tired of wasting time conversing with you, I’d make more progress yelling at a brick wall. Either learn some shit about electricity, or stop trying to ‘help’ people by bullshitting.

2 Likes

I don’t recall saying it was worth plugging in either. Instead of trying to push an empty hand out towards me, try learning english. My first respose was even stated as “i don’t even know”.

Then why the fuck did you say anything? Its clear you have no idea what you’re talking about and therefore have 0 reason to say anything at all! Doubly so when peoples livelihoods are on the line. This is my last reply, don’t bother responding. Please for the love of god, go read some basic series/parallel battery labs/workbooks, it will help so much with your understanding of batteries and you’ll be able to provide USEFUL advice in the future.

2 Likes

I already know all that… I’ve just seen crazier set ups that worked. So I can’t give a straight answer. It’s DIY after all.

But you ignored my question. Did it not look like a 12s2p?

No it very clearly does not, it looks like a 4s4p (assuming 4S1P lipos) with 2 LiPos shorting themselves but Im glad you have absolutely no clue…

Edit: I had to answer this because I asked this exact question 10 posts ago, now you’re just going in circles. Im out for real now, have a night.

2 Likes

??? Its a 12s2p bruh. Its just wrongly placed on the same rail… the idea was right. Im just not giving it the okay.

Edit: 7 posts ago and no, you asked if it would function. I asked if it looked like a 12s2p configuration… memory sucks I know…

Not sure how you think you did no wrong when one of your suggestions was, “Are you crazy? He has to first lick the connector for stability. We all know this.”

Anyways, this is how the adapter ended up looking, although I’ll never end up using it. Also, yes it was to connect six 4s lipos to make a 12s pack (3 packs in series, and each pack had 2 packs in parallel)

1 Like

How is that even wrong? Its a troll statement to a troll response. Obvious response is obvious.

Oh well.

Edit: i was planning to show what it should had looked like, but i guess its too late.

Always busy…

1 Like

Good thing you asked first. DO NOT PLUG THAT IN.

4 Likes

This is the real forum and so far most of you havent given the OP actual good and comprehensive advice.

Parallel connections are dangerous. Even if you know what you’re doing its all to easy to have an oops moment and plug just one connector in backwards. Which is why you need a safe paraboard with polyfuses like I stated previously.

The problem which basically all of you missed is the balance leads also need to be plugged in parallel so they dont drift apart from each other. Obviously balance charging them would keep this issue sorted for a while but as the packs age they dont all age at the same rate.

Then theres the issue of having all packs AND cells at basically the same voltage before ever connecting them in series. Again its too easy to have an oops moment, forget to charge one or two then when you go to connect in parallel you get a huge rush of current and suddenly one or more of your lipos are puffed like marshmallows. Or worse still you could melt the traces on a parallel charging board as they’re only rated for 20 to 30 amps.

Its just a thin layer of foil connecting the main leads on those balance boards.

1 Like

lmao this is a dying husk

1 Like

Dying sure, but this is the original forum. I don’t know where people get this mindset where one forgets the original forum and says the newer version is the “real one”.

It’s fine to have a lot of forums. But when you say the one based off a similar forum is “real”, I don’t get it.

OP was told to not plug it in, best advice so far boiiii

2 Likes

All this tells me is you havent been paying enough attention.

Agree

Strongly disagree.

There are many, many ways to connect the batteries together and fuses aren’t even always wanted, that’s another debate entirely. I prefer a BMS and a brick charger. So the way you mentioned is but one of a large number of ways, and it’s definitely not my preferred way or even close to it. But that’s me.

IMHO the thing that compounds the unsafeness many orders of magnitude, is constantly unplugging them and plugging them back in. When you use a BMS, you plug them in once (a possibility for huge mishaps) and then never again, avoiding most of the further risk of connecting them wrong.

1 Like