Horrible Communication By AlexTech

Better business Bureau. I’m not sure if it’s still a thing.

Better Business Bureau or take him to small claims court (a bit extreme but it’s an option).

BBB is a good thing, I used them a few years ago for my Lenovo laptop. Good guys.

BBB is a huge scam. They strong arm businesses to pay them and they’re not even an official govt bureau.

4 Likes

Wouldn’t matter anyway. Guaranteed he isn’t a real business. Why would a fake business register with the bbb?

To be fair, he does actually have his business legally registered in the state of California. But yes, I highly doubt that he’s registered with the BBB. http://www.b2byellowpages.com/company-information/098237433-aa-torque-systems.html

Wow and he also copy enerion mantra… “life is to short to push” with a really weird quote “Take the push out of life”.

2 Likes

add me on the list… I have paid him $685 for dual hubs and custom 12s4p… Refund not possible because it was transfer for goods or family, I have tried.

Well here is my experience, I have the most of the conversation/messages:

I have ordered dual hubs motors and custom 12s4p pack from the guy @Alextech on the ESK8 fourm:

Jan 28 Me: So are you selling the EMF trucks?

Alextech: No longer called EMF Hubs but the Mach 1 Hubs! Haha Long story short they are the same electrical composition but they have a redesigned can that better handles heat and urethane slippage! Yes I sell the Hubs along with the Vesc’s

Alextech: Oh sorry read this to fast, your looking for just the trucks?

Me: I dont need the vesc I only need the motors with the trucks  So can I get some specs of it example: Max ampere, voltage, top speed, recommended setup & price

Alextech: max battery amp cont. Is 40a Voltage: Tested up to 50.4v (No Problem) Top speed: 28mph on 67KV Recommend set up. 10s4p (Can pull it’s of amps) 12s3p (Higher top speed) Price on just hubs would be $245 Shipped on the Hubs and 2x extra Urethane (86a)

Discussing colours for the wheels on the hubs

Me: Blue then. Its Midnight Blue right? And the truck silver if possible. Okey, I want the dual hub motor with the midnight blue color and silver truck. And how is the braking on those? So where do I order? 

Alextech: It is midnight blue! Lol Silver trucks by default  My website is not up yet for parts order but just go ahead and pay 245USD +3% to [email protected]

Discussing about how strong the brake is, and what to pay

Alextech: So payment will 295. That’s priority Shipping from states to Norway. I will ship after February 9th that’s when I get the new Hubs!

Me: Done, I have ordered it!

Alextech: Okay cool! I’ll shall put your order along with my shipment for the 5th! I’ll keep in touch. 

Feb 4 Alextech: Tomorrow the parts get ordered, (Due to Chinese New Year), then 2 days later it get programmed to me, then Shipment YAY! the would shipped by 8th of February.

Feb 10 On Mail Me: How far in progress have you come, may I ask? With the hub motors.

Thanks, Sander.

Alex: Hey Zander, Quick update. The factory I get my motors from told me that there was a QC issue when making them motors and it’s going to be a week delay till I can get them in my hands. In terribly sorry about this, they usually never do this to me and it’s a first for them having a delay. I’m sorry and if you want i can refund you some of the shipping as an apology.

Feb 11 on Forum Me: So you make custom battery pack too? If so I wanna order. —————

Alextech: Yeah of course I do lol. What do you want? ( Cell count) —————

Me: 12s4p. Diagram(not quite correct, but an idea how you mount them): diagram —————

Alextech: $390 will be the total.

Feb 12 On Forum: Alextech:

Feb 17 Me: Hello! How far have you come with building the Battery and the hub motors? Are you soon done? Cant wait! :smiley:

Thanks!

Alex: Hey! So far I have started building the pack itself. I just got the cells yesterday and hoping to complete that by the end of new week to get it out to you asap!

Me: Thanks

Me: Are the hubs ready?

Feb 22 Me: Any updates?

No replies… I create a new mail after a while.

Apr 27 Me: anything about the tracking?, Sander

Apr 28 Alex: Hey Sander, I can’t login into Esk8 forum. Is it okay if I send if to you via here? Thanks

Me: yes do that please!

Me: Can you send me the tracking number? Thanks!

Apr 28, A new compose(mail) Me: Hi its Sander from the forum. Can you send the tracking? Thanks!

May 4 Alex: Hey Sander, I deeply apologize for not answering and going a-wall. I had a emergency procedure done on my lungs this past week, and unfortunately could not keep to date with the business. I’m trying to situate my self here at home, give me a day or two to get things in check and send you a email with updates. Once Agian im deeply sorry for the inconvenience.

May 5 Me: Ohh I didn’t know! I hope you are alright!

Take the time you need! Get well :slight_smile:

May 8 Me: I know it has only been 3 days and I hope you are doing well! But could you please tell me where the packages are? Thanks!

May 9 Me: Just telling you my patience is running out…

May 10 Me: Did the payment not process?

I create another new mail for some hope he will reply to me:

May 12 Me: I have seen you have been on the forum lately. You were on there for 14 hours ago and your last post was 16 hours. So can you please tell me where my packages are?

Thanks, getting sick of empty promises like, telling you tomorrow dont reply on weeks…

May 13 Alex: Hey Sander!

I’ve gotten on the fourm for a brief moment with the help of some other mods, Im going to be more active on there now, as For the packages they did me a fast one, or did something and tried to deliver but Couldn’t, I have the packages right now state sides, I’m going to have to ship Agian. I’m putting some other Esk8 items as apologies. My recovery is coming along well I only have one more surgery to go and I should be back in action. From now on my responses should be much more frequent. I appreciate your patience, and give me a couple weeks I’ll refund you a portion of what you paid for the hubs

Me: Can you send it with a faster shipment? Like 1 week? Thanks :slight_smile: And good luck with the surgery!

Me: The refund is not necessary if you ship it with DHL or any other faster shipment. I think DHL allows battery shipments.

May 18 Me: Hi! When are the packages shipping? I need my board done before summer.

Refund is not needed if you choose a fast/faster shipment :wink:

Me: And if you are wondering I have waited over ~100 days.

Alex: Hey Sander! Do not worry, I have contacted DHL and I had to setup and account and get verified but It looks like I will be able to ship with them now! Mind send your adress to me one more time? Thanks!

May 19 Me: telling him my address

May 20 Me: When you have shipped it could you tell me the tracking number? Thanks!

Alex: Yes, I will.

Me: Thank you so much!

May 21 Me: Sorry for wondering asking so much. Is the package sent?

Thanks!

Me: They will need my number to tell me when they comes etc. my number

Alex: Great, thanks! And not yet, still getting some other supplies

May 23 Me: So how is it going?

May 25 Me: Alex have you shipped them, if so could you be an angel and provide the tracking? Thanks :slight_smile:

No replies… I create a new mail again for some hope he will reply…

May 26 Me: I guess it should be shipped now. If not ship it ASAP + provide tracking number!

Thanks, Sander.

Alex: Yes, I will check. They pick up the shipment tomrrow and should provide me with a tracking # then.

Me: Many thanks man! :smiley:

May 27 Me: Have they picked up the package? Thanks in advance :smiley:

May 30 Me: Hows going Alex?

Thanks, Sander

Alex: It’s going good! I know the packages got out today after me leaving on a business trip and redoing the custom paperwork. I don’t think I saved the tracking # but I’ll call my associates in them morning to get it for you. Sorry for the Mix-ups and Delays. I made sure to toss in extras urethanes in there free of charge that what you don’t need to pay ridiculous shipping prices.

Me: Thanks mate! Really appreciate it!

May 31 Me: So what did your associate say?

Thanks, Sander

No replies after a while… Creating a new mail for hope u know…

Jun 3 Me: Its always the same! You say package will be sent tomorrow, when it is shipped you always say, oh I forgot the reciept, this time it was forgot to call or take note of the tracking.

And when you are gonna give me the tracking you don’t response on weeks and month! Im going insane.

Alex: Hey Sander! No, I haven’t received it yet, my assistant didn’t feel confident doing the international shipping so I told him not to touch it till I got back home, I’m home now. I’ll be shipping it today 5/3/17 and I shall be getting you a tracking# with it :slight_smile: I didn’t feel like making him send it, then messing it up and loosing another $300 package. Hope you understand!

Me: Ahh I understand! Thank you for explaining :slight_smile:

Jun 5 Me: Any updates? Thanks

nothing… I create a new mail again for hopes he will reply.

Jun 6 Me: Is there any updates about the tracking? Thanks alot!

Alex: Yes, I am working on it, they picked up should be up by later tonight!

Me: Cool!

No replies creates a new mail again…

Jun 8 Me: Hey Alex, have you gotten any updates for the shipping like tracking number?

Thanks, Sander.

no replies makes a new one again….

Jun 9 Me: Hi Alex, which shipping brand did you choose?

Thanks, Sander

no replies again, makes a new one again…

Jun 10 Me: Hey after you have said you shipped them you have gone radio silent like the 2 last times. Last time it got shipped back, so where is the package and could you provide me with the tracking number?

Much thanks, Sander

creates a new one again….

Jun 12 Me: Hey Alex, where are my package with the hub motor and battery in it? I have waited for it over 130 Days and im getting sick and tired of you stoping to answer for weeks!

ITS ALL THE SAME OVER AND OVER, When you say “I have shipped it” you go silence for weeks, when I ask for the tracking number over and over again you say, I forgot to write it down etc. The same OVER and OVER again!

I used alot of my money I have saved for years, and now I now its gone.

Thanks alot for nothing, im not mad at you, just really really dissapointed…

And then suddenly he replies:

Jun 3 Alex: Hey Sander,

Let me explain a bit here, see a few days or a week ago we got the package shipped but DHL and they just bill us directly, when they picked up the package we assumed it was going to be around $70USD to $100USD but ig was going to run us about $220USD which is about half of the cost of the Hubs, we know you would like the hubs then a refund and makes sense, so I had to brainstorm on how to get you a pair without spending $400 to get them to you haha, meanwhile my trips to China have made it so I can get you the hubs but actually better news with it, we have been making upgrades to the design to compete with the Raptor 2, what we are going to do is we are going to send you the new HUB motors straight from the Factory since they are geographically closer to you and won’t cost us a arm and a leg to you, now, also for your inconvenience I’m going to send you a 90mm selve for the motors for a smoother ride, I hope this gives you a bit of insight on to our operations, I can totally get the whole situation your in, I know I’m fully invested in this as well . Im making mistakes but I’m always trying to rectify them, with that I’m going to make this right by you and ensure you that your going to get a quality product and not something dead cheap. The production of the HuBs will be done later this week, they will be shipping DHL if not FED EX Express international. I’m sorry for the inconvenience but I can only hope you see where I’m coming from and my good intentions.

Thank you Sander,

SPOILERS: FALSE HOPE AGAIN!

Me: Awesome! Thats really cool! Thank you for explaining. I do not want refund.

What about the 12s4p battery?

Thanks, Sander

Me: The new hubs got me VERY interested! I really want to see how they look like, do you have any pictures of them?

Thanks, Sander.

Jun 15 Alex: I’ll get you some sample pictures if course! Also they will provide me with a tracking number for sure.

Me: Awesome! You are the best :slight_smile:

Jun 16 Me: Any updates from the factory? and, what about my batteries?

Thanks, Sander.

Jun 18 Me: So how is it going? Is it shipped? And when do you ship the batteries?

Thanks, Sander.

Jun 19 Alex: Hey Sander,

Going Great! Manufacture Said there was a bit of a Delay for the Hubs, New Date they gave me was the 22nd.

The battery i have to check on due to WH Restrictions but let me double check!

Me: Ahh, keep me updated!

Thanks, Sander.

Jun 22 Me: So are they sent?

Jun 24 Me: Do you have the tracking number? And when will u ship the batteries?

Me: No nothing?

Alex: Sorry Sander! I didn’t get a email yesterday, let me shoot them one now hopefully they can get it to me! Thanks

Me: Cool! Please reply fast. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Jun 26 Me: So what is the tracking number?

Jun 27 Me: What did they say? And where is the tracking number?

Me: Sorry! Say after tomorrow should have it, hey have sent it to the forwarder who ends up shipping it.

Jun 29 Me: So what is the tracking number? Please no excuses.

Thanks, Sander.

Jun 30 Me: Alex what is the tracking number? You said you will have it 1-2 days ago? What about the batteries? I need them too…

Jul 1 Me: Alex?

Jul 3 Me: Is the package sent?

Jul 4 Me: Hi Alex, can you tell me when you will not reply? Because I wait all day and all night for a reply about the motors and battery. I need the motors in 2 weeks or I don’t know what I will do. And please give me the tracking number.

Thanks, Sander.

Yes this is my experience with the guy known as Alex Arreguin. He says he went on a business trip to china while he goes at high school? «I have classes everyday from 8 to 3:35. I don’t always have acess to this forum but on my website is all my extra contact info like email and phone number which I can acess on my phone I can in my class.»

Well in total I used 440 Dollars for the Battery 245 Dollars for the hub motors. In total 685 Dollars.

My feelings right now: Im angry, I don’t have much money, I am sad. and I’m 16 years old…

9 Likes

I also had a bad experience with Alex. He sold me a “modified” version of the mach 1 (it was just an older one put together on a different deck and stuff. Thankfully I seem to be one of few that actually received my product. However, his communication skills are terrible. I had to basically keep nagging him to actually send the board after him telling me that he would send it over the course of a week of so. All I can say is DO NOT deal with him anymore. I feel bad for all the people that have not gotten their things or refunds. I am also 16 and the whole experience was frustrating.

Ahh, you are lucky tho…

His real email is: [email protected] And the number he has on his website is the same(legit)

Yeah he gave me his number (I’ve never called it though) and he seemed legit and everything, I just think he does not know how to run a business and everything. I had him send me pictures of the actual board and stuff so I knew he actually had it too.

He has a nice little white/blueish house. He probably does not communicate very well when he does not have a garden.

3 Likes

Well mods I think that this has become too big of an issue and Alex tech needs to find somewhere else to host his products because it appears as if he is only in high school and by my calculations more than 1000 dollars in debt to other members. I think that if we allow scams to occur on this forum we will discourage future members from this great sport/hobby

8 Likes

@willpark and everyone - @Alextech has already been notified that he will not be allowed further sales or group-buy activity on the forum, at least not until every last issue is resolved. He accepted this news politely.

I’m pretty sure internet scams are illegal. Also, running scams internationally is maybe frowned upon a little. At this point, you guys have a long list of proof and monetary totals. You have proof over and over again that he’s lying.

My advice, take all of this with your paypal or transfer receipts and first call his local police dept. (internet crime division) Then, call his bank and ask for the dept. that handles fraud. File a complaint and get whatever you need from them to forward to the police dept.

Then look up international laws with the postal service.

Start filing complaints and then take action. It’s starting to sound like his totals are not so much misdemeanor but felony.

Time is not going to be your friend here and Alex knows it. Nothing is going to happen if you guys wait.

3 Likes

Yeah I will report him, do everything I can, get alot of evidence. So he will not stand a chance. He has 2 weeks on him. I just voice mailed him.

If you are going to head it up, which it sounds like you should. Get everyone here to allow you to represent their information at the same time. If you do this in an organized manner. It’ll go further.

Yeah, I think I will create a group and we will discuss. I will gather the information and the laws, I will MAKE the police to look into it.

3 Likes

100% agree with all of this! If I wasn’t lucky enough to get my money back from Paypal, my plan was to definitely look into other options whether that was sending a legal notice by mail to his house or seeing if I could get police involved. If any of you pursue this or need additional receipts for proof then let me know! :neutral_face:

And yes, to clarify, Alex is still in high school…found this video of him after I sent him money. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgoFttTOyXM

1 Like

Finally!!! ACTION.

I have nothing to gain here other than the knowledge that he is done. I hate thieves.

3 Likes