How-To/HACK: Build compact controller using GT-2B & Badwolf v2 Enclosure

I’m having trouble figuring out the wiring setup for the battery? can anyone help me, i don’t understand why you have to desolder the mini usb and how to wire it for the charging?

All i know is you plug the RBW wire on the PCB and the other side goes to the battery.

It’s pretty straightforward. Just ignore the white wire if you want to be even easier (not needed for charging).

desolder the USB - then add any wires you’d like (i reused some) to the + and - like this:

Then at the bottom you reconnect the + and - to these contacts: (see them just to the right and above the blue radio module?)

That help clarify for you?

so you have a black and red wire attached to the USB (image above) and those wires go around to the other side of the PCB above that blue module?

like this?

No!

You remove/desolder the USB charging port. You connect wire from that USB plug from the red/black to +/- on it - down a few inches on the PCB (the brains of the GT2b) - to the bottom right connections. In my pic you can see them just above and to the right edge of the blue radio module - i have them sunk into hot glue to insulate.

That make more sense?

so those two wires i connect to the usb plug goes there on the bottom right like the picture?

When you remove the module - all you are doing is reconnecting the contacts w/ wire in-between to move the USB up to the top location. So if you mark the USB plug and the PCB as you remove it - they should be easy to identify what to reconnect.

here you can see the bottom of the board - as you remove the USB plug you can mark what wires to connect A->B:

Thank you for your help. I understand now, I have the mod made by @MasterCho and he’s just let me know I don’t have do anything with the USB port as the mod is perfect size for it

Wow. OK. that would’ve been good to know as the thread is about GT2b into badwolf enclosure…

1 Like

Yeah sorry about that, I didn’t realise his mod was specifically built for this reason

just finished the install. was woried my battery was to big, but than i saw badwolf, took it apart, and it was much smaller.

2 Likes

Where do you buy this ?

There are files here on the forum, just search up OKP GT2b mod and it should come up.

Ok thanks :grinning:

So what does the white wire do/where is it Connected?

I’m guessing you are talking about the Mini USB center white wire? I think it is for data. Others have done only the red and black w/o issue.