How to make Bluetooth module? and make it work?

Does it show up on ur Bluetooth menu on ur iphone?

Hey dude…

Bluetooth TX goes to vesc RX Bluetooth RX goes to VESC TX…

Uart is a full duplex bidirectional serial connection… So there must be a transmit and receive on each side…

Ie Bluetooth transmits data on TX, vesc received on RX.

vESc sends on tx Bluetooth receives data packet on RX…

Make sense?

1 Like

ya i know i had it wrong at first had rx to rx and tx to tx was solid red light and no connection …swapped them to tx to rx rx to tx and now it blinks red but still no connection

Do you know what your module had setup?

If you have an FTDI connector and still have the header pins on, open up Arduino serial monitor and execute some AT commands to find out what the module is running on…ie if it’s in master or slave mode… what baurd rate etc

http://fab.cba.mit.edu/classes/863.15/doc/tutorials/programming/bluetooth.html

1 Like

i soldered straight to the pcb got rid the pins and dont have the connector anyway

go into bluetooth on your phone and connect to it

doesnt show up on the phones bluetooth

screenshots

shows up on the laptops tho i think

Give us a picture, layout your focbox and bluetooth module connections so that we can see each wire and where they are connected to.

1 Like

Which module did you buy?

got it free from @DavidBanner cause hes nice like that …and i gotta be doing something wrong lol vesc vision should work

This may sound dumb, but I’ve made this mistake before, but did you forget to write config when you changed app settings to ppm and uart and 9600bps?

nope lol wish was thst lol

1 Like

the modules often dont show up in the BT settings but will connect fine if you fire up the vesc monitor app. There is a known issue with Android Oreo with low power BT devices like this

1 Like

ok so i downloaded the hm10 bluetooth app and it connects to bt module then and light goes solid red…going to try the eskate vesc app and see :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

awesome :slight_smile:

Downloaded the eskate vesc app but how do i connect it to the bt module?

I have never used that app so I can’t give you any help there I am afraid