Hummie Based Build - respect

Yep…Make sure whoever does the work setups guides for the router. A 1/8" is a small amount of material and if they try to freehand they will have a lot of trouble holding a smooth parallel edged pocket.

1 Like

Yours was one of the 140mm cut out decks right? New are 145mm So I’ll still have to trim a bit to get my battery from psychotiller in there. Good to know. What do you have left to take this board out for a ride? *wait, you’re waiting on hummie hubs right.

1 Like

yep waiting on Hummie hubs

1 Like

I’m waiting too! I’ll get some info Monday. If I don’t get an email response by Tuesday I’ll call.
I’m coming to find there’s a huge difference in rolling resistance w the different bearings. When tires come I’ll write up and ask if u guys want other bearings put in for some more bucks. No cost for 2rs sealed bearings I have from China. Lotton bearings. But they’re filled w so much heat resistant grease, which isn’t really necessary and you won’t be getting to 200f anyway. Or I recently got some ntn Japanese bearings w non contact rubber seals n they roll so much easier. If only they could be serviced on the motor as taking the motor apart to get them out isn’t easy as I want to use retaining fluid to lock it up tight. Thinking might be worth leaving the seals off so can easily clean the bearings n run them with thin lube. In fact I think the lotton bearings are probably more than good enough n they’re really huge n can take the loads even if they aren’t fancy Japanese or German.

We can decide later and haven’t closed them yet. But if u want the jap bearings they’re fregin 30$ a motor for me. Shocking the variation in bearing prices. If, in the meantime, while we wait maybe a week max more, fingers crossed, you happen to find some bearings u want or any good info or prices on 6804 and 6808 bearings, I’m willing to get them and put in on them w you. Or it’s lotton w the 2rs seals n jammed w the high heat grease. I find u can remove and replace the seals on most bearings including these and that’s possible w the 6808 while on the motor but the smaller bearing u can’t access to get the seal off. …writing rambling n thinking. U could get the motors without being locked w retaining fluid n then could take it apart w a c-clip tool alone but eventually the shafts n housings will take a beating I fear n according to the rest of the world bearings should be locked down w a press fit r retaining fluid.

1 Like

Thanks @Hummie,

I will go with your recommendation for best case: performance, serviceability, cost. Let me know when a decision needs to be made…

Kevin

@Skunk,

Yep you are correct 145mm will not work 150mm is a perfect fit for @psychotiller pack.

This all seems weird to me…I put my 10s5p pack into the deck Hummie sent me and it fit fine without any routing.

3 Likes

Hmm.

I’m gonna be ordering a battery from you soon Along with an enclosure. Would it cost extra to have the battery prebuilt with connections to 2 focboxes?

@psychotiller let me take another measurement…but the version 2 deck I am sure it did not fit that I had…

1 Like

Version two fit only if all your electronics are really compact

$10 more is all

I don’t think I have a version 2 deck do I? @hummie

The ones coming have a 145mm diameter hole. 5mm wider than yours probably tiller.

Well here’s mine with no cutting or routing what-so-ever.

Perfect fit.

hummie%202hummie%201

8 Likes

No padding needed for the sides? Just bottom and top? @psychotiller

That’s all the room I had to work with. The battery fits in there great though. It’s not stuffed in like on most of those evolve upgrades lol

3 Likes

Interesting my has a black bottom while yours is natural in color.

its a stain not paint.

Mine is also black on the bottom, wonder if there is a variance?

tiller has one of the very first boards. it also has a slightly different shape