HYPER BEAST - 36"inch DECK WITH INTEGRATED ENCLOSURE
Hi Guys. Everything best for all of you in 2018 !!. The hole story here is basically a followup on a topic I’ve created over a year ago. I never actually updated it so I thought I’d create a new topic to show you what I’ve come up with.
So from the begining I’d been working on this project together with a friend of mine who has a lot of expertise on building wakeboards and wakeskates. Together we have done a bunch of prototypes of our deck with different combinations of carbon fiber, foam, wood, aluminium…to ultimately come up with the right combination of wooden core, fiber glass and carbon fiber.
My main goals for building the deck were as follows:
- Create a deck inspired by my two favourite decks of all time: JET POTATO and his older brother JET SPUD.
- Improve the overall shape and the looks so it doesn’t look like DIY and more like a high end manufactured commercial board.
- Have better kicktail
- Use no screws for the lid, make it easy to open, with quick access to electronics.
- I travel a lot so it was important for me to be able to quickly swap batteries or take them out at the airport.
- Ditch the plasticky feel of carbon fiber finish on favour of covering cf in all black matte paint.
So that’s about it. I really love what I’ve come up with, the hole black matte paint looks just freaking gorgeous.
I hope there will be enough people here interested in the deck, as we will need to form a small group to get this thing going. There are many moving parts here but I am working on this project really hard.
This week I have a meeting with a facility that has huge commercial grade CNC machine, and I’ll know their MOQ - minimum order quantity to get this thing off the ground and I’ll be able to come back to you all with the final price for the deck.
I’ll be updating tomorrow with the graphs showing you inner dimensions for all the electronics.