I have a problem.. I ride goofy

Oh shit maybe you’re right I’ve been ignoring the simple solution… Like @psychotiller said just put the rear trucks in back and visa versa.

That looks like it will work right?

3 Likes

Okay I think I’m an idiot :slight_smile: haha I didn’t think about swapping the trucks. That is still gonna be some work though… But thank you all for pointing out my stupidity

1 Like

Shit, all the regulars of this forum are goofy? Now that is spooky!

1 Like

Glad you sorted it out. I was panicking as ride the same and want a eTrampa next. I’ll have to make sure I do it the right way when I build.

Yea I guess I just was looking at it the wrong way this entire time xD whoops…

Don’t get me wrong I still need to do a lot of work to change it but at least it’s possible

Everything you know is a lie

Just take the king pins out. Then you only swap the hanger. The only other issue is RE routing motor /battery wires. 1/2 hour tops! I’m trying to make this easy

2 Likes

I ride goofy too. On my single hub I like to keep the motor heel side right. What I’m trying to do now is learn how to use the controller on my left hand so I can grab the front deck with my right hand in a low stance.

1 Like

Goofies are taking over the world.

1 Like

I guess goofy is an esk8 thing

AND NOW FOR ALL THE GOOFY… WE SHALL PROCLAIM GOOFY AS THE NEW REGULAR… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

I’m not goofy but sometimes I wish I was. Like when all the good waves are breaking left and I have to surf backside.

Started snowboarding goofy and started to get serious with the sport so learned to ride switch, now I can ride regular darn near as well as goofy, which is incredible handy if you don’t have motors on your longboard since you can share the pushing load on both sides. Definitely prefer my natural goofy instincts though!

1 Like

My name is Mike, and I’ve been goofy footed for 20 years. I am not alone.

Wait a tick, what hand do you all use for remote and which is your dominate hand?

I’m right handed and I always, ALWAYS use left hand for eskate remotes, even finicky ones with minuscule travel.

2 Likes

If I ride regular + hold my remote with my left hand. I’ll crash :cry: … no switch for me.

1 Like

Haha me and you are a lot alike.

1 Like

Goofy as well. Never understood why riding with your left foot in front is more common.

1 Like

This thread is pure gold. I think I just found a topic for my next video. Post potential script ideas and I will make it :joy:

Bunch of suits riding around plain old longboards looking exactly the same with stern looks on their faces, obviously not riding for fun but for business. One of the suits you can tell is starting to feel something, catches his self rocking his head to some tunes a guy on the street is playing, avoids a rock on the road buy carving and does it a couple more times afterwards, his stance and posture starts to loosen up some. Each day something new changes on him, some colour on his suit somewhere, some rocking shades, couple stickers on his helmet, some colourful converse sneakers, a few buttons undone, till eventually he is riding goofy and carving around, powering up hills, getting some slides in, rocking a custom made longboard all topped off with some seriously goofy styledrobe. End of the video he obviously gets the girl and rides off goofy into the sunset throwing his tie in the wind with some text at the end saying something clever about standing out of the regular crowd.

3 Likes

I have the same problem. I am left-handed and all the restaurants I go to use right-handed cups.

6 Likes