I have a problem.. I ride goofy

WOW! I’m surprised to see all the goofy footers representing! I’m a proud left handed, goofy footer! I’ve tried to go regular, but I just can’t wrap my brain around it. Beats the hell out of me how people ride regular.

Your stance depends on which foot you use to support your body weight (in general, not just skateboarding). You use your right foot for balance, that’s why you ride goofy. People who use their left foot for balance ride regular. That is why regular feels un-natural to you. You can test this with any rider by lightly pushing them backwards when they are standing still, and then looking to see what foot they step back with to keep their balance.

5 Likes

Whos left handed and rides natural? lol We need a left handed gt2b mod :open_mouth:

1 Like

Guess what? I just realised I am goofy as well. I thought it was the other way around. Lololol. Are all the moderators goofy?

1 Like

haha i think so man… I think people who longboard are primarily goofy. I honestly thought i was one in a hundred. I didn’t think it was this common,

Just to confirm, is goofy right foot forward?

1 Like

Um, just mount the motors on the other trucks. Instead of where you have them right now.

Yep. Right foot forward.

1 Like

I’d say learn to ride both @barajabali , just to have the skill. I wakeboard as well as longboard and when I learned how to jump the wake the next step was 180’s, so I spent a few months learning how to ride goofy. This translated to Longboarding and I find it very helpful because when my knees get tired I can just switch sides and it’s like everything is totally refreshed.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the tips guys. I just finished swapping everything those king pins were fucking terrible. The whole thing was terrible. Took about an hour and a half to tidy everything up back to original and it rides so beautifully now I’m so excited

3 Likes

Goofy rider here too :muscle:

1 Like

One more proud goofy rider here ! We’re obviously dominating this forum :joy:

Goofy here…

It just seems like if you are right handed goofy would be better, since your front leg is what does most of the balancing and turning.

2 Likes

Goofy too!

my name is Daan and i am riding goofy for a few years now any one else somthing to share ?:cry:

Goofy :punch:

1000% goofy here The irony of goofy riding regular lol

5 Likes

Goofy here as well.

Goofy Goofy As it should be

Funny thing I’m “regular” footed but push off with my left foot like you goofys

2 Likes

That’s called pushing mongo

2 Likes