I need a battery pack builder

This is the same thing as wiring all the main leads in parallel. with the 4 packs in parallel. All of the individual cells need to be wired in parallel too.

i feel like were either speaking diff languages or not on the same page hereā€¦ there would be 10 packs in seriesā€¦ each pack is a 1s8p ā€¦ each packs positive would connect to the next packs negative until all 10 are connected. then the bms would plug into pack #1 negative side. the negative discharge cable on the bms hooks to an xt 90ā€¦ and the main positive lead coming off pack 10 connects to same xt 90ā€¦ are we all here now? (beside the charge cable and all disconnect connectors)

The conversation shifted to using 20 4s 5000mah lipos in a 12s 20ah battery. Thus all the discussion of parallel balance cables.

I guess its just a matter of time before a major accident involving lithium batteries on a passenger airplane occurs :pensive: Not all airports and security personell know the risks involved.

https://consumerist.com/2017/06/09/at-least-17-lithium-ion-batteries-have-exploded-on-planes-this-year/

SO what are you recommending?

I am looking at getting 8 of these and placing them in 10s 20ah config

You canā€™t make 10s with 4s lipos

THey are 5s 5000mah Edit: Forgot the link. Here it is https://hobbyking.com/en_us/zippy-compact-5000mah-5s-25c-lipo-pack.html

I think all of us are reccommending you donā€™t take 3 Mega Joules of energy on a plane. Iā€™ve never seen someone experience a lipo fire then go airborne with it. Donā€™t take this in a disrespectful way or anything all in a safety perspective

I completely understand the concern. I have the same concern as well. The part that provides me with some comfort is that it happened during charging not while at rest. This is why I am not as hesitant to take them on a plane with PROPER SAFETY MEASURES such as pre-built packs and lipo fire bags.

Nope. Iā€™m just down the way in Portland Oregon. I have a battery made by @barajabali thatā€™s been running for 2 years. Still fully charges, still run great, still gives a ton of power. Bara is who I would recommend.

I messaged him and he said he isnā€™t building packs right now

Maybe I will spend the money on the safer lifepo4. Does anyone have any experience with them on esk8?

These cells look pretty good

Youā€™ll want to make sure those cells fit inside your enclosure. Most are set up to fit 18650ā€™s.

Those cells would make a huge but also cool pack

disregard!

Disregard what?

I had replied to your initial post with something that was already brought up in subsequent posts. Iā€™m on mobile and skipped over it.

I thought it would say that I edited my msg

ah right! moar power already? =P