I need a battery pack builder

@accrobrandon what do you mean?

@mikenyc I have yet to build my enclosure so I am not concerned about size at the moment

u shifted to to lipo from 10s to 12s… moar power! sure why not!

Ohh. I’m not sure what I want to do in the way of voltage yet. I need to find a switch that can handle all the power of 12s.

just get a luna cycle style switch… nice n easy… no antispark key and looks great, im currently in process of doing a 12s cuz i want more =P what i should have done the first time thru

1 Like

Do you have a link for a source for this?

It’s not the luns cycle switch… But that’s what I just ordered. Push to start with auto off, up to 150a and great price http://electricskateboard.repair/index.php?id_product=41&controller=product

What is what you just ordered? Links??

Added…forgot :sweat_smile:

I built a 12s/1p lipo pack that can be disassembled for flying. Its only 6 individual packs though, 10s/8p seems a hassle to disassemble / reassemble. The balance leads can be un-pluged. Also I use a ballance charger not a BMS.

What are the benefits of a balance charger over a BMS for this many batteries? I can get a BMS/ power supply that can charge the batteries in 1-2 hours. A balance charger would take 1 hour per battery and I play to use 8 of them.

Main advantage is more space in the enclosure and I already had a few ballance chargers before getting into e-skate. I also like that I can monitor the battery voltage and resistance of each cell, while for a BMS you just have to trust it’s doing its thing correctly. You can charge 8 cells at one time with a balance charger. Your not charging each P set individually. :smirk:

The ISDT T8, is a nice balance charger.

For a BMS its more convenience you can just plug in and forget about it. Also just one DC jack rather than a bunch of balance wires etc.

For larger watt hour packs the balancing current on a BMS is very small/slow, so it can actually take longer to charge to 100% with a BMS than a good balance charger. Sure you can get to 95% in one hour with a powerful enough supply, but that’s equally true of a balance charger.

Its each to his own kinda thing.

I made a new thread to get some more visibility but was wondering if anyone has used this company before. These cells look pretty good to me

They have been heavily discussed before. 30q are better.

Do you have a link to a thread? I am strictly concerned about safety on this pack, not size or weight

Sorry about some of the people here, batteries don’t combust if you look at them. Especially if you disable the entire pack for shipping. Everyone always hears the horror stories and forgets about the other millions of lithium battery users.

You did however request a very unusual pack size and type. Maybe build a non modular pack for stateside and come up with a different battery solution for travel.

I completely agree with @E1Allen. I have no complaints about the quality and performance of Samsung 30q. They function best for the electronics used today. I also believe that with the evolution of esc’s in the near future that can handle more amps 100a 180a will open the door to using a cell like the Samsung 25r 20a 18650 and the Samsung 30t 30a 21700 cell. I know there are a few esc now that can handle the amps and motors as well. Two are being developed now esc one at 100a duel and one at 180a duel. So the options will open up.

As for travel, we will always have an issue.

I hadn’t thought of this. It is a great idea.