Imax B6 Charging Tutorial?

i think i need a new B6. This one’s like 3 years old now. Or maybe i’ll just put a BMS on it.

Unless the battery packs are bad? Or maybe your charger is one of the clone varieties?

it depends on if you are charging or balancing. charging will take… OMG wait for it… 1 hour to charge 5000mAh @ 5 Amps… or 2 hours to charge @ 2.5Amps. see the pattern? its like 5 amp hours is 5 Amps for an hour… balancing will take FOREVER if your packs are out of whack.

So while I’m putting the board together, I fully charged both battery packs.

I haven’t run the board yet, it’s been hooked up but the anti spark key has been out, nothing powered. I did spend maybe 5 minutes programming the esc and remote but the batteries are showing like, 4.2, 4.2, 3.6, 3.7, 3.8, 3.7

Am I doing something wrong, I haven’t even run the damn thing and that’s what it’s showing.

My imax b6 stop charging at 3.71 (a half 3S battery).

One day when was changing amps, charger start again after about 2-3 hours, then finished at 4.2v. Today again stop at half :confused: I think that’s my is copy (from ebay).

I ordered new from HK.

All 2 batterys stop at 3.71 v. Is that error in charger or baterry?

OK, there can be a lot of reasons for errors.

It could be the battery, the settings, The mode, Some safety timer, The charger. Did you test other modes did you modify settings? Is it like that with just one battrey, Just do some safe basic tests.

It could be the charger and If you already bought a new one Then just wait for it and try it out.

Settings i think was ok.

I test on two baterries. Booth stops. Yesterday I charging all evening and try change amps, one time to 2.0, then 1.0, 0.1, changing and changing, etc… and it start charging again at middnight, normally and start climbing…

It seams on 3.71 is something happening but when baterry crosover it - at 3.72 then start normally charge to 4.20.

Test says: 1% waiting aprox 2,20, using 2 amp charge. Very bad. I can’t use more than 2A(imput error shows).

It says adapter can be 10-20v/6A, and I have 12v 5A adapter… Is that problem?

I set in program INPUT power from min.10v to 11v.(max option is 11).

And now started faster charging. Do i need call fire brigade or it will be good stay at 11v input?