Imax B6 trouble

its only a 10400mah pack how much range will I get? when i did a test run it seemed to run out very quickly

ive used calculators and they say 20km ish

well, Do you drive efficiently? Give it and kick-start don’t punch the gas too hard. Or you have hills Hit the gas brake gas brake etc?

drive easy and you can add like 20% range.

i do kick start. dont accelerate quickly. what you mean about the hills

It depends on the battery. Personally I never go below 3.75V with my RC model batteries. Destroying 2 x 6S 5000mAh packs to fly my heli 30sec more is not worth it.

1 Like

Thats very high is it not? I was thinking more 3.5v

“Do you have hills near you?” climbing hills can take a lot of energy.

I have a lot of hills

1 Like

It sounds higher than it really is Lipos voltage Drips fast past like 3.7V. (I’ve been told)

Hills could make your range smaller Try driving up a hill with a bike and on flat. you will know hills take more energy.

1 Like

Yeah. it must use alot

3.5V is definitely too low. Do a web search and you will find various tables with different correlation between %-V. The only proper way to do it is to make these graphs for each pack you have individually. Some charges can do it for you (my Powerlab 8 has that function) but you can also do it yourself. However this is too much work, just don’t go below 3.75V if you want your packs to last.

I will set my alarm for 3.8v then

Just don’t go under 3.7 set alarm to 3.75. Some people say 3.4 is fine so keeping that in mind. set alarm to 3.75

i only need the LiPo’s to last a year

do you have multi-star batteries.,?

ya

10character

Well If you treat them wrong you’ll have them for less than half a years. They puff easier than others.

some people say lipos last fro 100-200 cycles others say 150-250 others say it lasted them 400+ I’d say the guys who claim 400+ go a little under 4.2 and stop at 3.75

That would not be very good

Yeah,. so set alarm to 3.75V try to stay a bit under 4.2V (If possible.) Don’t charge a warm battery, never store a fully charged lipo for more than 2-3 days. storage Charge is 3.8v that’s all I know to keep them safe.

1 Like

I will try that.