Interest in CRonin Mount

The motors from the group buy fit 30mm and 44mm mounting holes.

I am also interested in two mounts and one axle.

Quick update, I will have the first aluminum prototype on Monday. Ill ride if for a little bit to make sure everything works well. The good news is production time is very quick. Barring no issues, these will be ready to ship by the first week of October, maybe sooner.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s exciting! Definitely interested :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Here is the model for the prototype!

3 Likes

Next big thing :slight_smile:

If it is machined, can we also have counter sunk holes for attaching motors like DIY/TBā€™s V4 mounts have. That way you can get the drive pulley really close to the mount itself

wp-content/uploads/2016/08/v4.2-Motor-Mount.jpg

@kampfhahn Thank you!

@mishrasubhransu The pan heads that fasten the motor to the mount really wont interfere with the drive pulley. Let me get the prototype on Monday and we can take a look again. Thats an easy mod if its needed.

You should make the clamp that fits onto the truck a two bolt system like enertions mount. With a single bolt system you have to tighten the clamp extremely hard and 7075 doesnā€™t do that to well. Iā€™ve had major issues with tb mounts slipping because of this. A two piece system can be tightened way more without any added stresses to the metal.

That adds an extra piece which requires another set up and added cost. The clamp itself will have two M4 grub screws that are not shown in the last picture.

The people dealing with ronins likely care more about performance. In my opinion a mount that slips and is cheap isnā€™t worth a dime.

Let me put it this way. I have 2 torqueboard v4 mounts, both of which I cannot use. They simply vibrate out of place after a few rides. Iā€™ve put rubber tubing between the trucks and the clamp, Iā€™ve jb welded the side, Iā€™ve replaced the bolts to be able to tighten them more, nothing works. Do not use this clamp design, for people that live in an area with shitty roads they will move around and be junk. Just cut an extra hole and save everyone a world of pain.

1 Like

@Chris1

Iā€™m interested. Very interested. Iā€™m thinking heavily about switching to Ronins over calibers in my builds, so i definitely want to try these out.

1 Like

What if the mount and mounting ring had small teeth that interlocked? That would still give a large range of height adjustment and front/back mounting but all the stress wouldnā€™t be placed on the allen clamp and grub screw.

This guy made a video reviewing the Cast Ronins and points out the stock axel is too short to run Zelous bearings and stay tight.

I wonder if the stock axel is longer than when reviewed in '13

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6r0y81arFM

So definitely interested in longer axelā€™s

I keep reading about longer axles on here but havenā€™t seen any pictures or discussion about how that is actually achieved

you just hammer it out to one side! if you arent careful and tighten down the wrong one wheelside without the other sides wheel attached, you actually might just pull out the steel axle!

i dont know why you would need a longer axle except for these evolve/enertion kind of pulleys. my stock axle is great and the narrower the axle, the better your grip!

can you hammer the axel out of a caliber too? I know that inside the aluminum the axel is textured, but after chopping so many iā€™ve found that theyā€™re not glued or anything.

@Chris1 yeah i would want longer axels also, i use insert pulleys pretty much exclusively.

@Eboostin I really like this idea, I am talking with my guy now about your idea. @Titoxd10001 made the longer axle, with his blessing I am going to make them. I spoke with him briefly and got overall dimensions. His were hammered out and epoxied in.

@Stevemk14ebr what are your thoughts on putting a spline the bushing and mount? I could mark a setpoint where the spline would start so the mount would start just off the truck.

A spline would definetely help with vertical movement but you also need to worry about lateral.

i dont think movement is any issue. its a large contact radius, so a lot of surface. i also always added loctite between adapter and motor mount and never had any issues.