[Introductions] New member? Introduce yourself and share your DIY plans

Honestly that would be a good way to make money. Buy broken, sell fixed.

3 Likes

Or keep em and end up with no way to walk in your own garage :joy:

3 Likes

Lmao. That too

3 Likes

Hiya how ya doin?

2 Likes

Yeah it is.

3 Likes

Wish there were boards on the craigslist near me. :frowning:

3 Likes

Me too, all I got is facebook

2 Likes

Don’t forget ebay. Though you’ll have to compete with me :joy:

2 Likes

You can find some good push boards on Offerup sometimes

4 Likes

I will take a look. Thanks.

2 Likes

I would like to implement a “fuck you Tony” button next to the heart button. Be easier for confrontation.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum and Nice build!

1 Like

Hi, I’m simon. building my first electric skateboard. got a couple of q’s about vesc so i thought I’d join the group to chat all things diy eskate. looks like i’ve found the right forum.

2 Likes

Hi Simon. How’s it going? You have any friends that ride scooters or onewheels regularly?

1 Like

I’ve got a mate that rides a Onewheel. I see heaps of other people getting around on them, just not from my social circle.

2 Likes

Just trying to keep the weirdos out is all.

4 Likes

Welcome Simon! Yeah, if you search deep enough you will find almost anything you need to know about how to build a e-skate. It would have been way harder for me without it!

2 Likes

Hi @Simog81

If I could be of assistance, it would be to choose your items in a certain order. Don’t choose anything else until you’ve chosen your deck and enclosure. Because you need to know if it will even fit. Enclosures are much more difficult than you think, and you need to know if flexibility will be something you design for, or not. So go in a certain order, along the whole way making sure you choose things that are compatible with each other.

1. helmet
  2. deck + enclosure (flex?)
  3. battery (flex?)
  4. ESC(s)
  5. drivetrain & trucks & motor mount
  6. wheels
  7. motors
  8. {everything else}
  9. remote
  10. aesthetics: grip, colors, lights

Leaving enclosures until last as an afterthought is a surefire way to end up in a less-than-ideal position.

5 Likes

Hi @b264, I’ve actually gone through all the drama of figuring out all the compatibility issues. I’ve got enough spares now to almost build a second board with all the bits I’ve got that i had to buy again because the original bits weren’t quite right for my build. I’m down to configuring my vesc and pairing my remote. I have downloaded the vesc tool, updated the firmware, done the motor wizard and now I’m trying to map my controller. whenever I try to map the controller it doesn’t seem to put out any reading on the rt meter to get numbers to apply. I push the wheel and the motors make some weird noises and struggle to turn. I get the message to turn on the rt app which i think I’m doing, but still don’t get any better response.

I have got the flipsky 6.6 plus, with the flipsky vx2 pro remote running an Mboards kit with 6374 motors on a 12s4p.

I’m stuck unsure what part of the process I’m missing/doing wrong.

any ideas?

1 Like

Turn on the RT App button on the right side. Post screenshots.

1 Like