[Introductions] New member? Introduce yourself and share your DIY plans

yes please!

1 Like

They are chill. They aren’t out to get you anyway. More of a check it out and give a lecture type deal of safety.

2 Likes

It’s definitely a different feeling than esk8.

1 Like

Hello, yes I would love to see your built :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum!

1 Like

Hello everyone,

I’m new to this forum, Is there topics related to ranking “classic” electric skateboard ? (booster, mellow, etc)

Thank you

2 Likes

What exactly do you mean, like rating them best to worst?

1 Like

Welcome to the ESK8 forum, Catherina. Glad you could join us.

Hello bracardi 151.

1 Like

Yes, exactly the best electric skateboard to buy in 2021 for people like me who cannot build and would like to buy directly

1 Like

I’ll sell you a boosted mini x with extended range battery for 550 shipped today right meow.

4 Likes

You win at internets for today. :rofl:

1 Like

@bracardi You should take that, that’s a great deal. @Crisfell just repaired [built] me a badass board that is amazing. The Fantom | ESK8 x Downhill Scroll to the bottom of that thread to see it.

3 Likes

Hello Okoku, welcome, hope you’ll get all the feedback you need

1 Like

Hello all of you.

I have a question, does any of you already got in trouble while at the airport to transport your electric skateboard ?

I would like to travel with my boosted board, and a really quick google search is telling me it’s not possible. Is there any “trick” to get it in (nothing illegal please) ?

2 Likes

The only think I can think of that might be illegal about it is the battery. The rest of an e-skateboard is just bits and electronics. I would keep digging and look into bringing the battery separately as a carry on.

Maybe the rules have changed but I remember Rc guys talking about bringing several flight packs on commercial airlines inside their carry on luggage.

1 Like

It’s due to battery and ‘high risk of explosion’ btw this fully depends on it’s size so it might be worth checking the rules

2 Likes

Ship the board to your destination before you leave. Passenger flights have watt*hour limits on lithium batteries.

100Wh and 160Wh in the US.

2 Likes

hmm seems like the best pack you could make is a 19S1P A123 (8.25Wh) being 156Wh total.

Max voltage of 69.35V

nice

5 Likes

160Wh is the limit only for batteries that are removable. 100Wh for built-in batteries.

But good luck actually bringing those onboard, the airline can still tell you “no” and not refund your ticket and not buy you another ticket on a different airline.

I personally would definitely get it cleared ahead of time or ship it separately.

3 Likes