[Introductions] New member? Introduce yourself and share your DIY plans

It wasn’t tight yet so it’s cockeyed a bit. 🤷

5 Likes

i hope this isn’t final??

2 Likes

Lmao, not at all

4 Likes

A lot of old Metroboards from like 2010 to 2014 I would consider “classic esk8s”.

3 Likes

Or eglide. Theres also a BMW carver knockoff than was electric back way back. Like 07ish maybe. Pantera, but not the same as the current Pantera board people. Or the band🤘

1 Like

I totally forgot about E-Glide with lead-acid batteries and wired remotes.

2 Likes

What about altered?

3 Likes

Cool! That thing’s gonna be a rocket! I love TB DD’s. Send us a pick when it’s all put together.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Hell on wheels in Upland ca! I’ve been riding surfboards, skateboards and snowboards since I was a youngster, about 10 years ago I discovered Eglide electric skates, got a few of them over the years and did many rebuilds using their parts which were always pretty available and easy to get as their shop was located not far from me in Santa Monica, after eglide stopped making many of the parts I was just bummed without my favorite toy, so I ended up building myself an awesome esk8! It’s so great to be back in the saddle again! Love riding my Esk8!

1 Like

Welcome to the Active group!

1 Like

Hi - not your usual demographic but props to you all. I’m 57 from UK and bought an ebike, but the frame weighed a ton so I decided to put the ebike bits on a reasonably decent alloy Dahon frame I had.

All the mechanical bits ok but a bit stuck on the electrics:

2 cables were really thin and fell out of the display cable harness connector, so I soldered them together, bypassing the harness connector

I accidentally plugged the light/horn connector into the throttle connector (I mistakenly assumed this couldn’t happen) and the wires to the light melted. After this nothing worked so I assumed I had fried the contoller.

Bought a new one and have noticed that the Hall sonsor from the motor has 5 cables, but the new controller has 6. Read another post here that said correct connection of the black and red cables is key and I will do that, but what if someone connected the two connectors with the wires crossed - would that break the controller.

All help appreciated!

Thanks

3 Likes

Typically the difference could be the 6 wire one has a temperature wire, maybe white color.

1 Like

Thanks for responding

Hi Yes, it is white - just left it disconnected but everything remains dead.

Does it need to be connected to something for the wheel power to work?

Or have I busted the controller? Any way to tell?

Thanks

What is the name of the controller?

Hi - Brainpower (picture) attached

Also a picture of the display - I assume the throttle plugs in to the side socket

I have connected the Hall sensor as follows:

Motor /Controller Red to Red Blue to Blue Yell to Yell Green to Green Black to Black White - unconnected

All dead as disco - any way to tell if the controller is bust?

Thanks

1 Like

Welcome @goozer321 :smiley:

There some basic things you can test if your good with a multimeter and bench top power supply. If not these are kinda useful:

24V/36V/48V/60V/72V Electro Car E-Bike Scooter Brushless Motor Controller Tester https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088ZY2FGV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_B0QYSY0AB0EK508BD4MK

1 Like

Will have a gander - muchos.

1 Like

Welcome @goozer321 !

Do your hall sensor colors follow this ? (hard to know for sure with this chinese hardware)