[Introductions] New member? Introduce yourself and share your DIY plans

Hello everyone! My name is Ivan, I like product design and longboard joy rides on scenic routes. I did finish my first DIY board and going to make a post about it next week.

3 Likes

Welcome) we will wait for your build)

1 Like

Hi welcome to the forum. How do you like your eggs cooked?

Hi, do you like beer?

2 Likes

Hello Ivan, welcome ^^

2 Likes

He wonā€™t answer the questions. Probably rideā€™s a onewheel.

1 Like

Hello everyone! Just signed up after reading through loads of threads here over the past eight months or so. Covid-motivated bulder? Not really, Iā€™ve been toying with this thought for a couple of years now. Covid did help - I had more time on my hands than usual so was able to look further and further into it.

Right now Iā€™m trying to decide if itā€™s my longboard that gets electrified or my ATB thatā€™s sitting in the shed collecting dust. I feel like itā€™s going to be the ATB since I DO ride the longboard relatively frequently both pushing and with a Big Stick SUP style. Itā€™s the cost difference thatā€™s got me hung up. Itā€™s much cheaper to do the longboard but then itā€™s no longer really a pusher (was going the belt drive route, not hub motors). I keep coming back to the fact that the ATB is sitting collecting dust. Seems the most logical build platform. I need to dig it out and figure out what trucks and wheels it has. I looked from the shed door the other day and it looks like they are 5 stars. Couldnā€™t quite see the trucks well enough. Itā€™s an old school MBS Pro 90 I bought for kiteboarding. Circa 2009.

Anyway, I may or may not do this still but thought I should at least sign up in case a question surfaces that I might get an answer from this group one day. Thanks for all the wisdom so far!

2 Likes

Nice! Lokking forward to build a lot!

Hi All,

I own Evolve GTX for over a year now and loving it but battery is started acting up, one motor went so I had to replace it. My new plan is to build a new board. I already purchased:

1. Full set MBS Pro 97 - Dylan Warren II (board, metal trucks, hubs and wheels, toes and hills straps)
  2. Flipsky 6.6 dual plus with remote and BT
  3. Flipsky 6374 140kv x2
  4. Aluminium motor mounts with belts

Iā€™m looking for battery pack 12S6P lion or lipos 2x 6s 20000mah 12c discharge

Some battery box and vesc box ( I have a 3d printer so I can print myself if needed)

Is there anything else Iā€™m missing?

All the best to you guys!!

2 Likes

Hi welcome to the forum. How do you like your steak cooked? Do you like cheesecake?

1 Like

Yes. Lots of things. Glitter. You must have lots of glitter. @onloop tell this human how much glitter they need. And motor pulleys and wheel pulleysā€¦ and glitter pulleys.

1 Like

Hahaā€¦I like you already! What colour? Is glitter adding extra range?

1 Like

You can say that I guess. Depends on who applies it. Where are you from?

Medium rare. And Iā€™m a fan of whipped cheesecake - not the heavy ā€œofficialā€ one.

2 Likes

Irelandā€¦very small electric board community :frowning:

2 Likes

How the hell can you eat raw meat and not like heavy cheesecake? @iwo who wins Connor mcgregor or Logan paul?

Edit: I understand the cheese cake.

Where are you from?

Iā€™m in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Where the snow and ice also help nudge me in the ATB direction. Haha

1 Like

I donā€™t like this muppet so for me he is a looser :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Who you calling muppet