[Introductions] New member? Introduce yourself and share your DIY plans

Hey guys, it’s my first post, and decided I might as well say high! I’m a total noob, (but quite the nerd when it comes to computers) and I decided I wanted to find a fun new hobby. :smiley: And advice for a first-timer would be rad!

1 Like

Hi welcome. You can start by donating 5000 usd to my free advice fund. You’ll thank me later.

1 Like

Haha, well last time I checked free != 5 grand. :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll consider it tho and get back to you within 1-2 business days.

1 Like

Thank you.

Plz help https://youtu.be/39eBuwC4Wpc

1 Like

Hello ! Welcome to the family !

Thanks Broski! Glad to be part of the fam!

1 Like

Hi, Totally addicted to my Fiik Street Surfer.

Yesterday it stopped. Remote does not see or control board. Everything else seems normal. Thanks for any advice before I crack the electronics open.

Also looking to radically hack ES in Austin, Texas, if anyone reading this is nearby.

dave

Here is one thing I did (kite regen mode)

1 Like

Hello DIY community, Just build my 1st Esk8 and having a blast ridding it. It’s a road setup carving and speed.

Board generic 38" Trucks Flipsky 13.78 dual KP Motor Flipsky 6384 190 kv VESC Flipsky dual 6.6 Battery custom 12S 6P Remote Flipsky VX2 Pro

So far more power than I can use, working on my skills.

It’s good to know that there is a good group for support here.

1 Like

Welcome @DIYEverything

1 Like

Hello,

I’m stijn. I’m a 24 year old getting into esk8 ing after using a onewheel for over 2 years now.

I recently bought an ownboard carbon as a starting base and learning platform. I mainly use the boards for commuting (partially with train) but enjoy the occasional longer ride.

I’m currently planning on rebuilding the original hobbywing remote to fit my own hands a bit better and to have more control.

I’ve got a 3d model and pcb design background and currently work in pcb/electronics repair for the belgian railways.

2 Likes

Do you like milk?

2 Likes

Planning on building a deck with the EOVAN GTS Carbon. Def want to have the 12S4P battery but dont know what other parts to use. Unity probably for ESC since its cheap and seems to be a good product. give me suggestions

2 Likes

Hello, I’m building my first electric skateboard at the moment. It has dual 800 watt 10in hub motors, independent suspension, and a 10s 7p custom lithium-ion battery. It’s been over a year since I first made the CAD but it’s finally almost finished.

1 Like

@torqueboards is a local company to you have has a really good deal on a ESC right now that would let you change to using any remote you like and add telemetry like speed and range etc…

Please make a thread for help and we can getit working great!

2 Likes

Have you ridden it before or this is first run of the thing?

I’ve ridden it a bit at low speeds but I just finished up welding the spring system on the rear trucks so I’ve never ridden it fully finished. Got to do a bit of grinding and everything needs paint, but otherwise it’s done.

1 Like

Hey guys, pretty old forum member but recently got back into building now that I have a bit more time on my hands. Looking forward to catching up on new and improved diy parts!

2 Likes

Thanks for the help so far.

I am cracking open my Street Surfer next, to see what sort of Flintstones electronics inside. If no simple fix, I’ll upgrade to Torqueboards ESC and remote.

Will take a picture of the components and start another topic. There are quite a few Fiik boards out there, but almost no documentation. Upgrading esk8 dinosaurs looks like a “thing”.

2 Likes

Not new to esk8, just making an account on this forum too if I ever need it. I have the same username on the other forum.

Here’s my baby:

5 Likes