[Introductions] New member? Introduce yourself and share your DIY plans

Hi, I am Jason, ive been reading for a while, i posted a for sale add, then realized it was rude of me to have not introduced my self before doing so, my apolagies, I can be a jack ass that way some times. I skated half pipein my teens, im 47 now, last year i bought my 14 year old son an wowgo eskate ,as he lives in San Francisco,i was trying to give him mobility. Then i rode it, a year later i have 5 eskates,of diffrent kinds. Man being stupid gets expensive,im the type of personwho once i know im into something i should just save and buy the best version i can, saddly i dont learn from my mistakes very well. Oh my grammer and spelling absolutely suck! This forum has been informative,had i discovered it sooner id have less boards. i ride in the oakland hills and particularly the wild cat canyon area, i have insomnia, so if you saw a guy in a reflective lazyrolling jacketand more lights than an airport at 3am,thats me .I can be frequently seen taking the walk of shame home, either becaus i get caught up riding or sadly because my boards break,UGH!!! Thanks to everyone who posted useful information, and again very sorry for not introducing my self first. Take care,Jason

5 Likes

Welcome! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

thank you, i hope in time to make some contibrution to the forum, ill nedd to learn a bitt more first

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum. Nudes to the first 20 that like this message.

2 Likes

I hail from NYC and just counting the days till spring when we get some warmer weather. in the mean time Im planning a semi custom build in the hopes I get some great range and decent top speed. Will start a thread on that once I have some parts coming in

1 Like

Hey yall, small time DIY’er and fellow enthusiast. Whats your opinions on DIY builds vs pre built. Seems like pre built has come a long way.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum. Boosted and evolve can suck a fatty. :joy: I’m kidding they are great boards. In my opinion diy is better. I like working on shit though. I have an ownboard and a raptor that I probably ride more than the 10 diy boards I have lol.

1 Like

its my birthday lol

3 Likes

hey just joined riding in Toronto and the gta :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Sketo is that short for the blood sucking evil bastards mosquito?

nope just one of those nicknames a gamer gets over the years :S

2 Likes

Happy Birthday :tada:

1 Like

Happy Birthday and welcome to newcomers !

1 Like

Howdy howdy from Lubbock, TX! Long time apprentice tier fabricator and tinkerer who recently dove back into rebuilding an old board of mine. The things a real relic and a passion project that’s been collecting dust for far too long! Figured I’d join in the community while I was at it, and hopefully become spurred into completing the project this time round :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Steers and que…beers. welcome to the forum.

My friends call me private cowboy. It’s good to be aboard. Here’s a pic of muh baby for show and tell

3 Likes

My ninja. I have 2 of Those!

1 Like

best build in the whole universe

1 Like

Finally some respect

1 Like