[Introductions] New member? Introduce yourself and share your DIY plans

@Crisfell Iā€™ve been planning to chop off the tail end for the longest time! Just been shied off by the price to pay to get full mobility with the board (since I donā€™t have the experience to weld aluminum). P.s You wouldnā€™t happen to know a good place I could source parts for my baby by chance?

What are you wanting to do exactly? I had motor mounts made to run dual 5065. Source partsā€¦ Impossible for these dinosaurs.

1 Like

Nice :+1:. I like it

Hi everyone, im a long time lurker on this site, even before the great separation, just never posted. Letting people from the other forum where im active know i was also here!

one of my projects, pantheon trip with rio palissander veneer and some extra layers fibreglass, middle has ledstripe in it, my own designed wheels and gearcases for the evolve trucks.

Also im sad i lost my profile pic, that was the only picture of my first build ā€œfrankenboardā€

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum. Have you changed the air in your tires yet? Summer to winter?

3 Likes

Hello everyone! Recently looked into esk8ing before the holidays and am waiting for a board to arrive home. Excited to ride and be a part of the community!

2 Likes

Hi welcome to the forum. What kind of board did you get

2 Likes

Welcome! 10char

1 Like

Hi. Howā€™s it hanging?

Got a backfire zealot. Initially it was a G3 but I swapped because the range and a belt drive board for a mere extra $100 sounded a lot more interesting. I was bummed when Backfire said that their shipment is delayed when my board was supposed to arrive 2 weeks ago. Still impatiently waiting for my board :smile:

1 Like

Hallo everyone! Just getting into EVs here. Been in the RC hobby for over 10 years now but with the FAA breathing down our necks Iā€™m looking more at ground based toys.

Be sure to wave if you see me over on the Rc forums. I still lurk and sometimes post there.

3 Likes

As a fellow form newbie myself, welcome aboard @kavic5150 ! Speaking of, hey @Crisfell you mounted duel 5065?? With enough mill & lathe exp to fumble around, Iā€™m dead curious to see how it managed with that flexing clearance.
And I guess an online retailer for my antique parts will forever remain a damp daydream.

3 Likes

You could always send some of those antique parts out and have .cad files made in case you need replacements. Or better yet, acquire the tools and skills to make your own.

Got a place for a lathe?

1 Like

Iā€™m an outsource or die type of guy for electrical works, but for machining away a problem my horror freight mill and lath outta be enough to cover my rear. Luckily the makerspace I work for has a few 3d printers to cover the rest (thatā€™s if I ever get around to learning how to work a actual cad program)

4 Likes
1 Like

Welcome to the forum.

You have a very unique board, at least to me I never seen that board. Do you have more pictures that you can share with us? Like to get more details.

2 Likes

I have 2 of them. Wanna buy one?

1 Like

Hi all, cannot wait for the prizes!

2 Likes

Hi people, iā€™m in the process of building a carbon street board :slight_smile:

3 Likes