Iron Man Themed/Red CF Deck/Motor mount/Enclosure

Thanks. 30cells in the front and 20cells in the back. no BMS.

Charging for the first time.

9 Likes

Great quality build with a great quality 3D printed pulley :wink: That flex is amazing though. Definitely going to try to go for something like this on my next board. Good job man! :+1:

1 Like

Yeah, Your pulley design is awesome! :thumbsup:

2 Likes

This is so well made and polished. Hope I can somehow become half as good at working with carbon fiber as you.

Thanks. I am sure you can. There are lots of threads that explain how to apply carbon fiber to your deck on this forum, itā€™s quite easy.

I am planning to do laminating CF on a wood deck soon without using a vacuum pump.

Why? You are obviously ridiculously skilled and have the tools - why wouldnā€™t you use vacuum when laminating CF to wood if you have them? itā€™ll be lighter/stronger/etcā€¦

Laminating/skinning a perfectly fine wooden deck with CF is mainly for the look, so strength isnā€™t my concern, but the weight is. I guess the extra resin and cloth weight should be very minimal Iā€™ll find out. I might do the cutout for the deck to compensate the weight. It depends on how cold my garage is ha :confounded:

Awesome board Man !!

1 Like

hey, i was just wondering what technique you used to mount your balancing port (and for other ports for that matterā€¦)? looks like you got some kind of gasket for the 11pin balance port.

found this technique, would this work?

That looks like a good idea.

I used 3d printed parts which are achieved by friction between enclosure(3mm thin wall)and the plug with little epoxy glue inside.

3 Likes

Do you plan to charge the packs individually all the time since the packs are different voltages? Iā€™m also doing a split enclosure and was thinking of having the balance leads to balance once in a while but charging unbalanced with a 10/12s charger.

This is actually one pack(10s5p). I used 10guage flat wires to connect the packs together so no need to charge them separately.

same here I am planning balance charging once in a while just for the maintenance purpose, most of the time I am using the laptop style charger.

2 Likes

Nice I end up making a 3D print part as well Less time :wink:

Wow, I just looked up your battery charger and didnā€™t realise it can balance charge 10s thatā€™s impressive. I only have powerlab 6 so I have to split my battery in two to balance them.

Hey @MasterCho, really cool build, Iā€™m trying to layout a 10S5P on a vanguard, could you share your battery layout? Thanks.

Hey mate, how are you managing the batterys without BMS ? Iam so confused :/ā€¦ Isnā€™t it required to not mess up that many cells ? Or do you just need a special charger ? Is there no risk at all running no BMS ?

Looks like he is using an external balancer. Notice the big JST Connector in one of the pics.

Yes, I am using a balance charger to monitor the groups of cells :slight_smile:

What charger are you using ? Would an iMax B6 be sufficient to handle 10s4p/10s3p ? Are you charging/discharging them all the way everytime ?

B6 (6s max) will not charge a 10s battery. You can find 10s battery chargers online, i think there is a 1010 b or something like that. Not sure what Mastercho uses but there are a few 10s balance chargers out there.