Is 31 miles of range going ~16mph on a board weighing ~17.4lbs possible?

you run some seriously ridiculous watt hours in your boards too lol

1 Like

So… what I’m hearing is…

Lose weight = More E-Board Range.

All of our problems have been solved :smiley:

5 Likes

Carbon charging time 4-5h (fast charger 2,5h) Carbon GT charging time 4-5h (fast charger 3h)

same battery size or not?

pretty much lol

I’ve lost about 35 pounds since i started esk8ing a few years ago. getting more range and speed out of your boards is a good reward for losing that gut. I had some serious gut too, i don’t have the frame for 185. My frame is thin and looks much better at 150. Basically i looked like a sack of flour on a fence post.

@chaka

I weigh 155lbs, so l should be getting the good end of the range for most eboards… Do you know the exact mph average I’d need to travel at to achieve 30 miles with this pack weighing that much on flats/low wind/warm day? What I’d hope is to be able to reach 30 at least in those conditons averaging around 15mph or so. If I were to get only 20 miles going that speed (Eco) THAT would trigger a rant. Weighing well around the lowest most riders are, I think my testing will show the better end of the range – so if it’s shit for me, it’ll be shit for everyone lol. I have a variety of “ideal” conditions to test it in…

@longhairedboy

I’m curious as to why a guy got ~40 miles averaging 12mph then: Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Unless it’s not legit…

I think because evolve limits the power through preset modes maybe it’s just more efficient than having everything available at once (even if you don’t use it, the GT’s ESC is limiting the board vs. your thumb)? Have you tried testing the same motors evolve uses before? Idk, after seeing that screen shot above a long time ago I figured the range is pretty legit if that test was indeed real. I just wish someone would post a long clip of these tests…

I put that in the title mainly because I didn’t know the Wh or anything so I figured if you knew the weight you could kinda guess what size pack it is or w.e…

Guys; Idk what they have done with this board really, not sure how it all works out but I have so far not seen a single beta tester or person that a beta tester has let ride the board report getting range that is out of line with the advertised specs. Maybe this just a grand scheme and they just got a bunch of beta testers and fake people to test their board and paid them to lie about it. Or they’re all just light as fuck :grin: Time will tell and I’ll be sure to update you guys with my results once it arrives within the next 3 weeks. Thanks for all the info you two I do appreciate it.

you’re probably right about some kind of electronic magic. They could be throttling the acceleration curve to a more efficient shape. They could be dynamically limiting current in such a way as to keep fidgety thumbs from affecting draw while cruising. They only have one motor and once ESC to deal with, so the tuning possibilities are endless with those kinds of resources.

There’s really no end to what’s possible when you’re well funded and engineers on staff.

Part of me thinks they used the VESC to develop the ESC in this board. I’ll have to peek inside and check the pcb for “trace” evidence. I know a lot of other companies are using it as a dev board.

i just know you’re right about this. It wouldn’t make any business sense to NOT do it. Its open source and well documented, its basically low hanging fruit.

so you create a board with traces for VESC and BMS and maybe a couple of feature adds for lights and other dumb shit and you’re done with the hardest part.

That is actually the easiest part. When you get Ubuntu running on a decent computer try your hand at KiCad. Very intuitive to use and there are some very informative videos to help get you started on youtube.

1 Like

LOL funny how for me that’s the hard part. I guess i’m the type who would rather be covered in dust than on a cad station.

This is something i need to do though. I suck ad CAD of all flavors and i need all kinds of designs to come out of my head and into a computer, so i guess i need to learn.

How far could I go with a 12s2p, 44v, 5AH and I weigh 120 pounds. mono drive.

With 220 wh I would guess 12 miles but not be a great idea to run it that low very often.

Maybe 8-10 miles to be nice to the pack.

@csn is right. That’s basically the watt hour equivalent of a 10amp hour 6S and i know from experience you’ll only get about 10 miles out of those while approaching any sort of fun speed on occasion.

@longhairedboy @chaka

FYI, Jeff confirmed on a live stream yesterday that the GT battery is indeed 10 Ah, and is lithium-ion – no longer LiPo. He stressed that they have made it “extremely efficient” with the new “custom” bms, also mentioning the fact that their previous motors were bigger and the smaller size with the new ones help. Aussies are getting their boards now, my board should hopefully be here in about 2 weeks, I will post another thread once I’ve done some testing.

1 Like

i thought he was hush hush about the AH

He was but I guess he just decided to say it. It’s no secret though because it was kind of figured out by the fact that the GT uses the same charger and has pretty similar charge times to previous model speced on their site

Hm so if 360wh can make it 40 miles with these new motors, I wonder how far I’ll get with @chaka’s motors

Well, would need a bms/esc with some preprogrammed modes to limit the amount of current draw going by what Jeff said… Seems like the diy world is still lacking remotes that have modes on them unless I’m mistaken

The VESC can limit amp draw, but doesnt support multi-mode operation to my knowledge. My remote does have a two mode option which basically limits throttle to 50%

Seems to be what makes the evolve special. Similar to boosted too, it’s a combo of throttle limits and top speed limits that makes them go so long depending on the mode. Though I think maintaining speed on any board will take you farther than you can go on an average city commute