Is it possibile to charge an e-skate directly to the home socket?

You can. The thing is: With 6s (22,2V) you need much more current to get the needed Watts to move. So with 10s (36V) and 60A you get: 36V x 60A = 2160W max, which is good. On 6s: 22,2V x 60A = 1332W which might be ok for most cruising, but you get problems on hills if you´re not a featherweight. If you´d use this BMS it´s gonna be your bottleneck in the system, which slows everything down. To overcome that, don´t use it for discharging.

How can I do it? Reading other threads I don’t understand…

I want to have clear all possibilities to decide. :slight_smile:

You´ll find the right diagramm on the bottom of the post, just do some reading before you decide

Yes you can. And charging/discharging is the best option because it provides the most protection for your battery and system.

Bypassing is also an option but it is a compromise because it circumvents short protection, over discharge protection and overcharging from regenitive braking protection.

1332 watts is anyway my “max power” because my turnigy sk3 280kv can handle up to 60A. So if I use a 6S 60A BMS is good enough to discharge, right?

yeh it is.

I hope no problems meet you when you gonna go the bms route :wink:

I tried to do this diagram, but I think I miss something … eg where and how do I use the anti-spark connector ??

Thanks for patience! :blush:

@Okami @sayreul @TarzanHBK Can someone help me?

The anti-spark connector goes between the power source and the ESC. The voltage meter goes between the anti-spark connector and the ESC

And now how I connect the charge plug?

Black between bms and esc and red between anti-spark and battery

The voltage meter will have red and black wires that connect to the red and black wires between the ESC and power source

This would be my BMS diagram. Feel free to take a look.

Can’t u put the voltmeter, bms, and antispark in any order between the battery and esc

You want the switch or key to turn on the meter and ESC. And the ability to charge the battery through the BMS without turning on the rest of the system

Is that right?

Thanks, I’ll take a look! :wink:

I want to use the ESC’s button to turn on the system. And yes I want the ability to charge the battery through the BMS without turning on the system.

You use the BMS only to charge the batteries right?

Looks fine to me. @Namasaki can confirm?

Yes, your diagram is looking better with every update.

There is one detail that you still have to address and that is the balance wire connection between the battery and the bms. You can’t just plug the jst connector from the battery into the bms. The bms will come with its own connector and wires. And the bms will only use balance 6 wires whereas the battery has 7 balance wires. I’d first like to see if you can figure it out but if you can’t, don’t worry, we will tell you what to do.