Is the Marbel board done for? Should we delete the sub-category?

Thats how it was for marbel with the first couple of months of delays until they started shipping . As you know it got old but it desn’t mean it will fail. The test for inboard will be when they release their product.

Still waiting on the app and wheels.

Here are some of my Marbel videos.

Here is a recent Marbel Board review

There were aspects of my Marbel that I liked but I finally sold it and moved on.

I had the BMS and pack completely die. Had to replace some other electronics.

FYI, I figured out right before I sold it that they used 44 degree base plates with 50 degree hangers which is why it is impossible to get the bushings to sit flush.

I switched the front to 50 degree calibers but then they wheel bite with 97mm abec flywheels which worked on their Frankenstein combo. I believe this is the reason that the board is less stable at high speeds than other reverse kingpin trucks I have used at similar speeds.

Nice what did you get when you sold it? By the way how do you know it was a BMS that died if you can not open the board.

I got it last August I had to send it back a bunch of times the first few months. It wasn’t too bad though no problems lately. I would usually be back on the board the next week and they extended my warranty 6 month. I just want the app and wheels now but this time it is supposed to be coming upgraded with some new “never seen” features they want me to try out.

I think I got the carbon GT arriving next week. Cant wait, but honestly I still think I will probably be grabbing the Marbel more for quick errands and commuting because it is just so practical. It fits in my locker at the gym is a lot easier to carry. The remote slips in my back pocket and i don’t worry about sitting on it. The weight makes it as practical as a regular 38" longboard and its about the same top speed as the GT. But I am stoked to try the GT torque and sidewinders for long weekend rides down to the beach.

I heard about the trucks. I still need to take a look at them but I haven’t noticed a thing. I got the trucks dialed in at this point.

The app is here now the board has reverse. 180 power slides are now possible

What happened? you put 97 abec flywheels on the Marbel? how did you do that?

Nice summary. I just sent my Marbel in for it’s second service/issue. I had the power button fail on me for the first issue, and it’s been great since then. The belt rub was annoying, but waited to send it back for that.

I was riding w/ a meetup group and the front motor pulley came loose (luckily on the flats). Looks like 2 grub screws hold it, one is missing, and the other partially stripped out (slowly - lots of warning). So back it goes for 2nd trip to Marbel and added teh belt rub item to fix at the same time.

They already extended my warranty 6 months, so i’m pretty happy still. Annoying - yes. Could i fix it myself - sure. But with the belt issue i figured i’d have them do it all at the same time on their dime. I waited until this fall when riding weather is less frequent (PNW = rain). If it takes a week to get there (Lipo=ground shipping), i’m in no rush now at least.

@eboostin- i asked for them to swap to the ever pending 100mm wheels, but doubt they will. Would love to hear more about the 97mm flywheel swap - one of my favorite wheels!

@Lebram - how is the app doing? i’m waiting to be included on Android - haven’t been contacted yet to test.

Still love what the Marbel does - rides great, only weighs 10lbs, has substantial power even with only one motor. A great package overall. Stealth and the issues i’ve had have been pretty minor so far. Still a fan. Especially love the modes and ability to hand to someone in a beginner mode. My biggest want with DIY boards and VESC.

I just took the motor cover off. They grind down a little more of the belt cover and it doesn’t rub but i keep it off so rocks don’t get in there . it isn’t really necessary.

I didnt get the beta app yet. Doesn’t some one make a gear that could fit and hold the ABEC flywheel?

It’s not too hard to do. I put Kegels and Flywheels on my board.

All you have to do is make the slots in the wheel bearing opening for the Marbel drive gear. I think the Kegels fit the personality and gearing of the Marbel better.

The Flywheels worked great too but raised the board up quite a bit and in turn lost some of the low, sleek look of the marbel.

The stock blue wheels don’t seem to be very high quality.

I had not thought of doing it myself. That’s awesome. How do you make the slots? What tools ? Can I do it to some 97mm flywheels? I’ll do it tomorrow if you show me how. Did you order an extra wheel pully or use the same one? mine seems to be stuck In there pretty good. You just made my day. Thanks

any chance you can make an instructional video? I think a lot of Marbel riders would love to know about this .

He said he sold his board, so doubt he will have the gear to show us. I did look at some different wheels that have that standard’ish shape to the core of the wheel. I actually have a spare marbel wheel gear (for faster swaps if i ever get the 100mm wheels!). Might have to go look again.

Last time they repaired it and had it back in the mail in 2 days. Slow ground shipping it won’t get to them until at least the 11th… (holiday delayed it shipping out), so we’ll see how quick it is this time.

I just looked in the Marbel store and they no longer sell the gear separately. You should totally do it and get some bigger wheels on it.

The way I did it was to insert the Marbel drive gear in the wheel as far as it could go. Then I found a socket that was about the diameter of the bearing hole. So the stack goes, wheel, marbel gear, socket, then brass punch. If you have a large enough brass punch, you don’t need the socket.

Give the stack a couple good hits which will indent the plastic center so you know where to remove material. Remove material. A sharp knife, chisel, dremel, file etc works well. Once the material is removed, insert your drive gear and you are good to go.

To remove the drive gear from the original Marbel wheel, use a brass punch or socket. Put the drive wheel on two pieces of wood or you can use two other wheels, then give the drive gear a few taps from the front and it will pop out the back.

I tried to order an extra wheel pulley but they are all sold out.

I don’t have a board anymore to make an instructional video but posted some pics above that should help. Let me know if you have any questions.

1 Like

The one bad thing about the wheel gear is that it has low teeth count (30) and is aluminum. I found that it transferred a lot of heat to the inside wheel bearing.

Before I sold the board, I contemplated getting a set of Caliber II trucks, an Evolve 32T wheel pulley and new belt.

This would have fixed the mix matched hangers and base plates as well as the bearing heat issue.

I have the evolve GT gear too but it is too long to fit the Marbel axle as is. The Axel is not long enough. Is it the same as the rest of the gears that evolve offers for older models?

Which wheel is smoother on rough roads?

Did you have any problem getting the gear back on the original wheel?

I guess I’m just concerned about cutting the notches wrong but I always have 3 more wheels to try again. what tool did you use? I have a Roto zip that should work along with a chisel. What tools did you use?

Don’t you have micrometer? Can you measure the width of the notches?looks like 3/16 inch. I would like to get a $5 wood chisel that size to make those notches I think it might be safer than grinding it down.

No issues going back to the original wheels.

Like I said, give it a few taps in the new wheel and it will make the marks in the plastic of where you need to remove material.

Take your time and you’ll be fine

The flywheels are smoother. I have 81A and they’re great.