Is the Marbel board done for? Should we delete the sub-category?

I do. I can. :slight_smile: Iā€™ll see if i can measure that up and will let you all know.

Great . Honestly, a simple ruler would work I donā€™t want to pop out the gear if I can order the correct chisel size first, I already have the flywheels. They make specific size chisels . So thanks.

I can notch it like eboostin described. And make a clean-cut with the right size tool for a couple of bucks

Iā€™m thinking one of these two. I measured it with a ruler and it appears to be 6mm. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FXI6EK8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A14G3IK8U5HRCA Or

https://www.amazon.com/Mikisyo-Power-carving-knife-chisel/dp/B003PFUT9O/ref=sr_1_82?s=arts-crafts&ie=UTF8&qid=1475971857&sr=1-82&keywords=6+mm+chisel

Edit: never mind i was able to use the rotozip and get it in there . Awesome

Wahoo!

1 Like

Welcome to the 97mm Marbel club!

1 Like

If I would have known I would have done this on day one 13 months ago. Happy to be here.

Looks good Lebram!

measured at 6mm btw. looks like you already sorted it out though!

I realized the wheel hub plastic is much too hard to chisel it with big clean cuts. I was afraid it would be too brittle. The Roto zip worked like a charm! This may be the third time I ever use that thing but itā€™s basically the Dremel . Once you get it close enough you can force the gear in there and when it sits flush itā€™s perfect. I see no reason to ever use the 76 mm wheels again unless Iā€™m trying to power side 180Ā° But I donā€™t have those skills soā€¦ The best part is knowing how easy it is to modify the wheels you like with this gear design. Itā€™s all about versatility. Thanks for the help and inspiration guys. This was exactly what i needed to make the board perfect.

1 Like

How did the motor break? The motor hit the curb?

I sent it back more times than that. I was in the first batch of boards. They extending my warranty by six months and they have been good about getting it fixed at least.They have hooked me up with extra belts, bearings, charger and i havenā€™t dropped an extra dollar since i bought it. They once Even sent me a new board before receiving the returned board. I think they are waiting on a final part to get the latest boards out. I hear lights are coming.

The boosted will be great when it has more range. The weight of the marbel and bigger wheels makes it hard for me not to appreciate.

Marbel has tried many belts you just got a bad belt. For a single drive it puts out a lot of torque. you just got unlucky.

Agree that boosted is a great board. Just not mileage and weight. New v2.0 much better range (with extended battery), but still pretty heavy.

Just got my Marbel back from 2nd return/repair. first was a dead nose switch (think it was damaged in shipping maybe). This last was the motor gear spun out the grub screws (one stripped). They took care of a rubbing belt and new belt guard to prevent it rubbing again.

Back on the road again! I donā€™t jump or really abuse the board, so canā€™t comment on @Brando134ā€™s experience. Iā€™d ride something else if you want to beat the crap out of any board. like a regular skateboard or longboard. But thatā€™s just me. This is a 10lb 12+ mile board - which i canā€™t build myself. Once the electronics fail and itā€™s out of warranty iā€™m definitely thinking of dual motors and some fun w/ it though!

can you post a picture of the 4 boards together? That would be a cool pic.

The same way you do it everywhere else. drag the photo into your message or upload the pic to imgur.com and post the link here.

You can start a new topic to discuss the other board brands. I just want to see the money shot of all your boards together.

Im dying to see what is inside. I think it will be very telling. Doesnā€™t the motor shaft have a flat spot to keep the grub from slipping.

Is it a new belt cover? Is it a different size to accommodate the larger wheels? got a pic?

They extended my warranty for 6 months - so itā€™ll be a minute longerā€¦

I didnā€™t remove it fully, so not sure. Iā€™m going to check the new one in the next few days (raining and canā€™t ride anyway).

Belt cover looks identical - just has a bit better clearance so the belt doesnā€™t rub. not fancy.

hey guys, is the Marbel board really as bad as what I hear? Iā€™m new and Iā€™ve been researching this stuff and I thought the Marbel would be good, but I also saw that Acton is now coming out with the qu4tro and it looks pretty cool for like $400 less. what do you guys think?

You should look on quality rather than cool looking in first place, the new Acton is still in development and nobody knows if this will be any good. At this price point they have to cut some corners and that may end in low quality and/or performance.

Marbel seems to have gone from not delivering on orders to not taking orders for boards at all. I take that to mean itā€™s discontinuing operations. Too bad they never got it together; it was a nice, light package.

maybe they are working on 2nd gen?

it better be a dual drive because $1400 for a single is crazy!

The Marbel is not for sale now as they prepare to reveal Gen 2 ā€œsoonā€. It will have lights more power and will be more refined. This industry is a marathon not a sprint to the finish.

Its also my understanding that remaining orders have been offered the updated boardā€¦and more.

I would not have shipped it yet either but Now it rolls well.

1 Like

I really hope it is a dual too but their niche has been the trifecta of weight/ speed/ range and I fear they will need to refine what they have before venturing onto the next step. Making it a dual will really compromise that holy trinity and I think its not in the cards yet.

I suspect there is more space in that carbon deck to fit more batteries but even if they simply perfected this board it would still be competitive in this marketā€¦ for now.