JCR Hover E Skateboard - controlled by your mind! NO REMOTE! šŸ¤”

itā€™s total different tech. we use balance tech,same as quadcopters(DJI),handheld gimbals and hoverboards. Zboard just transfer the control from your hand(remote)to your feet(pad),the control method is same. Do you find any pads in our board?:wink:

Thanks post this video to show how it work.

we will post more videos to show the performance without any fast forward.

I guess you measure the weight difference on the axles. Otherwise i would be really surprised. And by the way, i donā€™t think about my control when i drive. Itā€™s like walking. But anyway, i like the idea of different control methodā€™s. Maybe it feels great. But i am pessimistic when it comes to carving. But hopefully you prove me wrong.

Yes,more serious tests are needed. we are doing other tests(range,speed,motor lifetime,ects) now. so we will do more compare tests with normal ones. Certainly, remote controller must have its advantage too.Any techs have their two sides.

we know,this place is not a place to sell somethings.we just want to show this new tech,and get some advices.:slight_smile:

Yes,you are right.we use the tech as you mentioned.

I know the feeling is also great by using remote controller.I rided it many times. So I know the feeling is really different.think about hand control vs body controlā€¦

Welcome test JCR.

We are sending two samples to Los Angeles for reviews.And will send more there.

Iā€™ll give it a test, send a board, full body armour and insurance cover and Iā€™ll start a blog

Hello Jebe, we have only few samples for now.so cant send out many for test.

If you are located in Los Angeles,I can ask my colleague bring it to you.

How does it compensate when riding hills? Many change how their body weight is distributed when riding up and down hills.

I will also note, since I didnā€™t notice it before, your top speed is 20 km/h (12.43mph). We generally aim for much faster boards so that will feel like a snail to anyone who has ridden any of our boards. My board goes about 50 km/h. That will also definitely change my weight distribution on the board (ie, Iā€™m sure Iā€™d be more cautious and aware of how my weight is distributed when Iā€™m going faster)

1 Like

If you think it as walking,it will be easy to understand.when we walk up hills,our body lean forward,when we walk down hills,our body lean backward.which is different with the ones with remote controllers: when you go down hills,you need brake frequently to control your speed. We can take a shot to show the different later.

About the control methods when fast speed,we can think about the running.The caculation of angels of axis changing is fast by MCU,so the feeling you ride it just like running on the road. For this,we also can post a video to show the feeling later.

As for the top speed(which is about motor and code),we will think about your advice to set a higher speed to fit for more needs.We can set different modes for different speed.

Thanks for your advices.:slight_smile:

1 Like

It is intuitive and automatically stable. If it was the opposite you would fall off the board. When you lean too much forward you step forward and when you lean too much backwards you step backwards.

Well, did you ride snowboard? Or seriously eboard? :stuck_out_tongue:

When i brake really hard with my eboard i have to lean backwards otherwise i would fall forwards because the braking force is quite big. It is the same for the acceleration. (By snowboarding you have always you pressure on the forefoot to control the curves!)

It is a intuitive motion and makes really sense!

Body balance and throttle/brake control need to be seperate functions in order to accommodate high performance skateboarding.

I ride snowboard almost every night. You do not always put pressure on the forefoot. As for body weight on a board, when you prepare for a strong brake you are actually putting pressure on your front foot, not the other way round.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly, and why I questioned that part. Weā€™ll see how this develops, but Iā€™m not sure it will ever reach the level that we would need for very high powered boards.

I have, but itā€™s been about a year (school and lack of snow), and not since I built my skateboard. But Iā€™ll be going next week, so Iā€™ll pay more attention.

I agree here. I have been considering this feature for a while. But after riding high speed boards now, I would never go 35 mph with a control like this. Your just asking you fall like that guy who road into the sand, and that was not pretty.

Iā€™m interested to see where this goes.

@Sparki I donā€™t know if youā€™ll have anyone around the Bay Area with one, but if so, let me know and Iā€™d love to give it a test. I am one of the more experienced members of this community terms of trying a lot of different technology and electronics.

@Sparki if you were able to have two modes

Hands free and remote

Just an idea

@Michaelinvegas @Namasaki @rpn314

Yes,according to our test,itā€™s different when suddenly stop.

For JCR,you canā€™t stop at once when the high speed.

For remote control,itā€™s ok.(Certainlly,it is also very dangrous).

Is it a advantage or disadvantage? I dont knowā€¦

As for the two modes,a good idea!

Mix those two modes together.you can have remote in hand and body control same time. and remote function is priority.

Thanks for your help. We have colleagues in LA,and they will get two samples this Friday.But around Bay Area,no samples for now. After CES,we will send more out for test. I will message you later.

Jason who owns endless sphere explains how he sets them up with stress sensors in the trucks. On his site I think he still sells the kit. Itā€™s pretty simple it seems. Amazing how accurate those sensors are measuring exact wattage through bicycle cranks. Iā€™m surprised more people havenā€™t done it. Dying to try it. Maybe itā€™s awesome. He has some video of him accelerating and braking and at first I thought I wouldnā€™t like it but the more I think about it I like it

Slick video and like the lights under.

Zboard with the pads on the other hand I have ridden and really donā€™t like.

Why is there no mention of the hub motors used on the board?